American Movie Classics on FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, a friend asked me if the American Movie Classics channel was available on FTA. All my google searches pulled up hack stuff. Don't think it is but I just wanted to ask if anybody has run across it ITC on FTA. Thanks, DC

Never seen it anywhere. I think its on C-band but probably Digicipher or PowerVu encrypted.
WhiteSprings TV was the closest I ever saw to AMC, unfortunately they have dropped their sat feed.

American Movie Classics is in 4DTV mode on Galaxy 3 and sold by NPS. It is also one of the better looking G3 channels, I get it. It's master is on G1 in PowerVu. I have it programmed in my Pansat but have never seen it ITC.

oh shoot I forgot to look at NPS ;)

AMC don't look all that bad on G3. Some of the other NPS channels do look terrible though.

Attachments

• American Movie Classics G3 NPS Best.jpg
    American Movie Classics G3 NPS Best.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 226
good picture tvro. I quit subbing to them years ago when they started showing edited movies. Way back when, I watched it a lot when it was analog.

> AMC don't look all that bad on G3. Some of the other NPS channels do look terrible though.

TVROPRO Dont get me started. :D

> AMC don't look all that bad on G3. Some of the other NPS channels do look terrible though.

TVROPRO Dont get me started. :D

I have 70% of the mux on G3 with my old analog grandfathered package. I would say that AMC looks the best. WPIX is the worst and the rest fall someplace in between. I got a hunch there allocating more bits to AMC and really killing the talking head channels like MSNBC, CNBC, CNN etc.

I know you had Cartoon Network and it looked BAD. I cannot comment on that channel since I've only seen it briefly in FP once or twice.

NO, I haven't watched that channel in years, haha. I think it was on 135W last time I saw it. Probably early 90s or late 80's. Once they started playing edited 'for tv' versions of movies I lost all interest. Could see those versions on TBS.

AMC was a great channel in the 80's, another example of the companies ruining a format that work. Lets add it to the list that now includes MTV, M2, TV Land, and Headline news.

What exactly are cable subscribers paying for?

Hi all, thanks for the replies. Looks like my friend will not be able to get that one unless she upgrades her Dish Sub. I did find that I can display the schedule for the AMC channel by hitting the guide button on my Dish sub even though it's not in my package. After reviewing I found at least some of the movies are available from the internet by bittorrent. It works but is not very practical as it sucks up a lot of bandwidth and takes a long time. Take care, DC

For anybody in Canada (or USA I guess..) who has a BellTV subscription, American Movie Classics and Turner Classic Movies are in free preview mode until March.

I haven't had a sub to AMC since it left analog a few years ago. I couldn't stand the commercial interruptions any longer. I don't mind them so much during a 30 minute program, but during a movie it's ridiculous.

I hope TCM or FMC never goes commercial.

When AMC was on HITS, periodically they would drop the encryption and I could pick it up with my StarChoice receiver. At that time, they had a bit about the movie before and after the showing. There was a fellow in Radio City Music Hall talking about the movie. At that time there were no commercials during the movie. It was like Turner Classic Movies is now. The movie trivia was very interesting. I miss it. Today AMC (or at least AMC Canada) is so full of comercial interuptions, it is very hard to sit through even a good movie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)