AmericanLife TV encrypted?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Al Mundy

Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Washington
I was wondering of anyone else has had a problem with this channel in the past several months. When they first moved from the 99W Ku satellite feed to G-15-22 on digital C-band channel 603 it worked fine. Now it says I'm not authorized as if it were scrambled. AmericanLife TV has always been FTA. I called them direct and they thought possibly it may now be encrypted, but they weren't certain. I have a Motorola DSR-922 with a 12-foot motorized dish and also a Coolsat 6000 for MPEG-2 C-band. Any info would be appreciated. Also, on a side note, I was wondering if there are any newly reported RTN feeds out there, either C or Ku. Ever since the move to AMC-3, the weather must cooperate perfectly in order to get a decent signal on RTN East or West with the 39" Ku dish here and I hate missing It Takes a Thief :). Many thanks in advance!

You must have at least one subscription channel to get ALTV. It is in "U" Universal mode which means if you have an active sub it's free. Watching Remington Steel right now no problems.

RTN is on AMC 9 83W, East and West coast feeds are in DVB.

I think you nailed it, TvroPro! I used to have an HD subscription package with NPS and I let it go a while back in favor of the Comcast cable HD. It offered many more channels for less $$$. ALTV continued to work for quite a while after that, but i guess my lack of subscription to anything caught up with it. I had no idea that some "free" channels aren't totally free. So the big question is.... what's the least I can do to get this channel back? Do I have to sub to another complete package or do you think there's some inexpensive piece-meal way to do it? Thanks again!

Last edited:
I am about to sign up for a big dish just so I can get AmericanLife TV and RTN. I just don't understand how Dish Network continues to pass AmericanLife TV by when it is what I think TV Land once was LONG ago.

I am about to sign up for a big dish just so I can get AmericanLife TV and RTN. I just don't understand how Dish Network continues to pass AmericanLife TV by when it is what I think TV Land once was LONG ago.

ALTV was never Tv land. It was the Nostalgia channel, then Goodlife tv now ALTV. Only a few cable systems and c band is where you can get it. The LSD companies would rather put mindless garbage or infomercials on that turn them a big profit from our sick/stupid society.

TvroPro, you are the dude! I called Skyvision and they weren't aware that ALTV wouldn't work unless you were subbed with a service. The guy on the phone was so skeptical when I told him i wanted Wealth TV just so i could watch ALTV that he activated Wealth TV for me without initially billing to test it because he was so convinced it wouldn't do anything. Wealth TV came up and I hopped over to W5-603 and it was working perrfect. So for a meager $20.95/year I get 2 decent channels. Thanks again!

TvroPro, you are the dude! I called Skyvision and they weren't aware that ALTV wouldn't work unless you were subbed with a service. The guy on the phone was so skeptical when I told him i wanted Wealth TV just so i could watch ALTV that he activated Wealth TV for me without initially billing to test it because he was so convinced it wouldn't do anything. Wealth TV came up and I hopped over to W5-603 and it was working perrfect. So for a meager $20.95/year I get 2 decent channels. Thanks again!

Not a problem glad I could help. The only channels that are open to a non subbed 4dtv is ones in "ZK" Zero key mode. "U' Universal technically is encrypted but will open up with any sub. You also got a year free of the Guide with your purchase of Wealth and all the other "U" services.

I have been trying to get AmericanLife on my Foirtec Dynamic but AMC 18 is not listed in the receivers menu. Can someone explain how to add AMC 18? I'm not having much luck (still a newbie). I have AMC 15 locked in that is also at 105w according to lyngsat website.

OK that explains it. I must have read wrong. On the lyngsat site looked like it was a free channel. Thanks, but I still have a lot of reading and learning to do here before I even think of connecting my 922.

I get ALTV without a sub. I cancelled Programming Centers Pick 10 last year but found that I still have access to do an online rehit. ALTV will go out on occasion but comes right back after a rehit. This is on a 920.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)