America's Everything Pak value

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
America's Everything Pak is clearly the best value now that the other packages and the premium bundles received a price increase.

AEP used to be a $3 savings compared at AT250 + 4 premiums. Now with AT250 going up $2 and the premium bundles going up $2, AEP is now a savings of $7 per month. Almost the value of an additional tier of programming or the Platinum pack.

Just FYI.

Yeah I did a comparison on it, I currently have AT250, Multi-Sports Pack, HD Platinum, Starz & Cinemax along with the Service Plan & DVR fee I pay $112.98. If I switched to AEP I'd be paying $120.99. Not bad for adding 2 more premiums, I'll have to look at their schedules for a bit and see if HBO & Showtime would be worth it for me.

Just got my statement notice so I went to the Dish Network site. To my surprise it was snappy and more legible. Now I have to start worrying that this month is #5 of the 6 credits for receiver and loyalty. After next month it will jump another $16. How do I ease off the AEP and 3 duo receivers ride? With the Platinum package additions I do see less need for the AEP. Decide later next month, I guess.
-Ken

AEP is never a value since they changed up how they do DVR fees unless you want lots of premium movie channels.

I dropped to AT200 + platinum HD and added HBO and saved $20 a month vs having AEP.

Sure you saved money Mike. You have less programming now. I explained why it is a value in my opening post.

Sure you saved money Mike. You have less programming now. I explained why it is a value in my opening post.
I switched to AEP, I like movies and there is difference of $11 monthly between everything and just HBO/Showtime. BTW my first post and this forum has been a great help to me....Thanks!

I've had the AEP for years, but this new billing structure may very well be the last straw for me. I have a 722 and two 622s. I am now getting charged $34 a month for the two 622s, tagged ad Duo DVR Fee. My new bill, even with the $10 HD for life credit is now $150/month! AEP used to be a good value. I guess it still is as long as you're only watching high definition on one TV. I've always preferred Dish of Direct, but now with their new HR24 whole house DVR system, I'm thinking about switching. The CSR at Dish agreed with me that the new DVR fees are outrageous, but said about the only thing I can do to get the rates down is lower my programming. She's wrong, there is another way. Direct TV can have my whole house equipped with everything for about $120/month.

I've always preferred Dish of Direct, but now with their new HR24 whole house DVR system, I'm thinking about switching.
Don't be confused by the name of the package. The Whole Home DVR Service is not what it purports to be. The HR24 is essentially a faster version of the HR22 with software that is experiencing some growing pains

Make the switch for programming, not for hardware.

Believe me, I won't make the switch without thoroughly understanding exactly what the HR24 system is and what it can do. I won't make the switch because of the hardware, rather hardware may no longer be the barrier it once was. My motive is price. I can save 30 bucks a month with four TV's on HD using their Premier Package. And ofcourse I save big time for the first two years as a new subscriber.

I think that DISH is at an competitive disadvantage now that they have upped their extra receiver fees. Even DIRECTV is advertising the fact that it will cost more to use DISH at 17.00 compared to DIRECTV at 5.00 per extra receiver. This is DISH's way of gouging the subs for the money, without adding it to the programming pack price. DISH would be better suited to charge ONE price for their additional receivers rather than add endless made up fees into one gigantic receiver FEE. If they continue to charge this much for the extra dvrs , they will continue to be ridiculed by DIRECTV over this glaring high difference in additional receiver fees.

hopefully D wouldnt up their price to equal E.

If D is using the price difference in advertising its a sign they arent going to match it./

You know a multi room install may tend to have the sub more invested in their choice. Hoefully E and the ridiclous fee has hurt themselves. The loyalty credits will be running out soon. I hope churn is charlies new headache

D* is silently adding several more options for spending additional money. They slip in an extra 3-5 dollars everywhere they can. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually see their way clear to charging for eSATA.

That being said, I'm not sure how long DISH Network can support those nasty high receiver fees.

Yeah, AEP is a good deal if you have one TV. In fact that could be applied to all Dish programming. $17 per extra receiver is over the top. I'm moving end of the month. Perfect time to switch, and I think I'm going to.

Yeah, AEP is a good deal if you have one TV. In fact that could be applied to all Dish programming. $17 per extra receiver is over the top. I'm moving end of the month. Perfect time to switch, and I think I'm going to.

$17 is for a DVR receiver. If you don't need a DVR at the second location it's a whole bunch less.

I've had the AEP for years, but this new billing structure may very well be the last straw for me. I have a 722 and two 622s. I am now getting charged $34 a month for the two 622s, tagged ad Duo DVR Fee. My new bill, even with the $10 HD for life credit is now $150/month! AEP used to be a good value. I guess it still is as long as you're only watching high definition on one TV. I've always preferred Dish of Direct, but now with their new HR24 whole house DVR system, I'm thinking about switching. The CSR at Dish agreed with me that the new DVR fees are outrageous, but said about the only thing I can do to get the rates down is lower my programming. She's wrong, there is another way. Direct TV can have my whole house equipped with everything for about $120/month.

I left Dish in February because of the box fee increases. Before that, I was a very happy customer, who paid his AEP bills on time. I thought I would be a "lifer" with Dish. But, the more I thought about how unfair the box price increases were, the more I was tempted to leave. When my contract was up, I bolted to U-Verse and have more of what I had, for less. BTW, my HD picture is great, in case you are wondering.

I think that DISH is at an competitive disadvantage now that they have upped their extra receiver fees. Even DIRECTV is advertising the fact that it will cost more to use DISH at 17.00 compared to DIRECTV at 5.00 per extra receiver. This is DISH's way of gouging the subs for the money, without adding it to the programming pack price. DISH would be better suited to charge ONE price for their additional receivers rather than add endless made up fees into one gigantic receiver FEE. If they continue to charge this much for the extra dvrs , they will continue to be ridiculed by DIRECTV over this glaring high difference in additional receiver fees.

Then I guess Dish will just have to bring up DirecTV's costs concerning SWM,MRV and DECCA?.;)