America's Got Talent Season 5

This kid can play piano

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gip2yFT2ffw]YouTube - AMADEUS America's Got Talent 2010 Pianist, Orlando Auditions[/ame]

I liked this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtcVTf44e4]YouTube - America's Got Talent FIGHTING GRAVITY,19-22. college students.mp4[/ame]

And I liked the rock wall dancing, but I cannot find a video of that one yet

Overall, I am underwhelmed by this seasons crop of talent. The show's producers may have to reduce the 1st place award to $50.
I agree. I think they intentionally show crap because people like to watch others humiliate themselves. Usually the second round is much better as the contestants have longer to perform and are able to come up with something more creative

I also agree with most about Kevin Skinner. He was not that good. His first performance was the best, and enough to get him to the next round. His later performances showed that he was just an average country singer at best

If I remember from last year they send way too many through this round. Then the judges got together and decided to weed out a bunch before starting the Vegas rounds.

There are probably a lot that get voted through this round that cannot go to Vegas for various reasons.

I have noticed Piers will not criticize children harshly. A lot of acts are voted through because the judges do not want to look like ogres. But, in reality they would never work in Vegas.

When they finally get to Vegas it is a lot more talented group since they drop a lot of the ones that could not realistically win. Also the real behind the scenes consultants start working on the acts. You notice they get custom lighting, extras, sets, props, etc. The acts are all given a professional do over to maximise the talent's potential.

I have noticed Piers will not criticize children harshly. A lot of acts are voted through because the judges do not want to look like ogres. But, in reality they would never work in Vegas.
He's softened his criticism the past few years, but last year he was brutal with a couple of the kiddie acts. I wish the judges would be brutally honest with the cute, but not too talented, kiddie acts and the annoying untalented old folks. For example, there is no way in heck the son and father singing act should have been advanced to the next round - the father couldn't carry a note to save his life.

Last edited:
And that hand whistling old lady should not make it through either.

They should have an age limit if they are going to perform in Vegas.

Wow! Clownvis stole the show this evening...at least I love his act. Quite a few undeserving acts were passed through to the next round, but the card thrower was surprisingly interesting (amazing how he can toss a playing care almost 100mph) and Luigi (the singing filipino student) was entertaining.

I am sorry but every summer when this show is on I try to watch it but I just can not get in to it. I canceled my timer again yesterday.

I am sorry but every summer when this show is on I try to watch it but I just can not get in to it. I canceled my timer again yesterday.

You have to record it an just use the skip button a lot at this stage. There are a lot of acts you just have to skip. It gets better once they get to vegas and the acts get professional help.

You have to record it an just use the skip button a lot at this stage. There are a lot of acts you just have to skip. It gets better once they get to vegas and the acts get professional help.

Yeap. Finish the two hour show in about 30 minutes including hearing the comments.

S~

Some of the best acts are those that get buzzed...Clownvis and the Genatal Daredevil provided excellent entertainment. AGT is truly the only "real" talent show on TV. Trash like American Idol is absolutely unwatchable.

How and the heck did that freaky, non-talented old lady (Mary Anne?) get pushed through to the Top 48 last night? Ugh! Anyway, several of the outsider acts were more impressive this evening than the top acts. Jeremy (on bike guy) was fantastic.

How and the heck did that freaky, non-talented old lady (Mary Anne?) get pushed through to the Top 48 last night? Ugh! Anyway, several of the outsider acts were more impressive this evening than the top acts. Jeremy (on bike guy) was fantastic.

She must have polled high. They have to have some that have a back story that will hook viewers.

I have to agree I was really surprised they let her through 2x. Maybe the producer's mother? I know I would not pay to ever see a show by her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts