America's Got Talent Season 5

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Premiere episode is Tuesday, June 1st. Piers is being replaced by Howie, could be bad. Got to have Piers's honesty. Hopefully there will be a more deserving winner than last year.

S~

With the exception of the Tonight Show I seldom watch NBC. However, I noticed the summertime timers have returned with ATG and Wipeout added to the recording queue. I knew Hasselhoff was leaving the show, but I never figured-out why. Offhand, I don't see Howie doing any better or worse...so it's a wash in my opinion.

Anyway, I am looking forward to season five...and still waiting to see someone half as talented as Terry Fator.

With American Idol and soon X-Factor being out there for all the singers, I wish America's Got Talent would dump the singers and go straight for talent. Make the show even more interesting.

With American Idol and soon X-Factor being out there for all the singers, I wish America's Got Talent would dump the singers and go straight for talent. Make the show even more interesting.
I agree...except shows like AI feature singers having a certain "image" and not necessarily the most singing talent. I doubt Susan Boyle would have be allowed to appear on a show like AI.

I agree...except shows like AI feature singers having a certain "image" and not necessarily the most singing talent. I doubt Susan Boyle would have be allowed to appear on a show like AI.
True, and it's one of the things that Simon Cowell didn't like about the Idol format and led him to develop both X-Factor and Talent, which have no age limits.

With X-Factor coming to the U.S., Cowell could send the singers there and keep the other people on Talent.

With X-Factor coming to the U.S., Cowell could send the singers there and keep the other people on Talent.
That sounds like a good idea. The think I like about AGT is the variety of acts (comics, jugglers, fire eaters, etc.) but when the acts are bad, they are really, really bad. Anyway, if X-Factor provides a venue for the Susan Boyle's a Cas Haley's then they should boot the singers off of AGT.

Architect was electric (pun intended) and I almost lost it when the Genetal Daredevil asked Nick for a hand with his act...too funny! The rest of the show was downhill from that point forward.

Last edited:
Alice Tan Ridley did an awesome job. She is the mother of the actress that played Precious in the movie Precious. Not as smooth and Eda James (who I believe is one of the best female voices ever), but I do like her more bluesy raspy style

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBOYthKxQZA"]YouTube - Alice Tan Ridley, 58 ~ America's Got Talent 2010 auditions NY Day2[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts