America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

DodgerKing said:
I thought they would have been #1 or 2

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Me too. So far, they have consistently been the #1 or #2 each time they perform. Of course, I'm not sure how they come across to the average Joe or Jane.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

We've been watching it and thought it should have been Silhouettes followed by the brothers and then retchless. Personally I thought the magician (who botched the trick... you can see how it was done if you look closely and know what you're looking for) was better than the singer who is terrible with his bad lisp at the start of every sentence.

I don't hate many things, but I sure do hate that lispy, untalented, non-singing yutz in need of an little attitude adjustment. I just don't like him in any form or fashion...er, well I might like him if he were to fall off the stage. :)

I agree the magician earned yutz's position...even though his presentation wasn't that great the other night.

The judges keep spouting, "This is the most talent we've ever had in America's Got Talent history." Sorry Piers, Sharon and Howie...but you are wrong. They must be trying to "spin" the show because I don't see much talent on stage. Heck, two acts literally fell off the stage.

As I see it the singers are out of tune and/or are not likeable (I don't see a Michael Grimm or Jackie Evancho); there are only a smattering of quality variety acts (no one even close to a Prince Poppycock nor qualified to bring Terry Fator coffee); the comedians were a big flop; only one decent dance act; and the magicians aren't all that magical.

The daredevil acts and Silhouette are the only ones keeping the viewers entertained. Heck, they would be asleep if Piers' buzzing didn't keep them awake.

I estimate half of the Top 48 acts wouldn't have made in through last season. At least that's the way I see it.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Last edited:
Summerwind Skippers were really quite entertaining but, unless everyone else screws-up, I just don't see a jump rope act moving on to the next round.

SH'Boss Boys - OK, perhaps Summerwind Skippers do have a change because these kids were terrible and should have been buzzed. I don't know how they made it through to this round.

Mauricio Herrera - the man you love or love to hate. OK, he's ridiculous but I love him. However, I do agree with Sharon...he shouldn't have bounced and swayed this evening. He probably won't move on.

Seth Grabel - kinda cheesy tricks but the production was pretty polished. Honestly, it had me more confused than anything else. He probably goes through.

Poplyfe - their moto is go live or go home...well, they are going home if you ask my opinion. The crowd liked 'em, but I didn't. However, they'll probably move on.

Ian Johnson (aka Yo-Yo Kid) - this kid is sensational, but he's gone as far as he can go with a Yo-Yo.

Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - a cheesy "Frank Sinatra" impersonator. OK, he's not bad, but his stage presence didn't "hit" until the final 30-seconds. Second, the guy needs to get his teeth fixed or knock-off the big toothy grins. I'm not sure if he moves to the next round simply because the young crowd doesn't know Frank nor any music from his era. We shall see.

Purrfect Angelz - OK, Sharon nailed it when she said these girls belong in Vegas...just not sure if they are a headliner or an opening act. Opening act, at Hooters IMO. They are going home.

Monet - Flat, out-of-tune, and not a very good performance (vocal wise). But she's only 12 and she has a very good stage presence and passion for singing. She'll do well when her voice matures. Adios!

Captain & Maybelle - Don't try this at home. Yep, they grossed me out too. Entertaining freak show, but it was hard to watch them at times. They're gone.

Lys Agnes - I don't get it. She's an OK opera singer (Piers got it right) yet Sharon and Howie loved it. Sharon and Howie don't know opera! I don't think she's moving on.

Professor Splash - he was awesome! Moving on to the next round.

There were more talented performers the first week that were let go because they had the misfortune of having to compete with better acts. These last two weeks had very weak performers.

I agree, those kid rappers stink big time. I look at it like watching a 4 year old play an instrument. If they play like a 4 to 12 year old, I don't want to see it. If they play like a 20 to 40 year old, then they truly have talent (think Jackie Avanco)

I actually think Poplyfe rocked. I would vote for them. There is an example kids performing at an adult level

My take in order of appearances:

Definitely Out:

Summerwind Skippers
SH'Boss Boys (Absolutely horrible screaming and not singing. COuld make it on the "cuteness" factor in an upset)
Mauricio Herrera
Ian Johnson
Purrfect Angelz
Monet (Horribly off-key)

On the Bubble:

Seth Gabriel: I was confused by this "trick", also.
Captain and Maybelle (Macabre, but really a polished performance and entertaining, although I wouldn't hire them for my girls' birthday parties)

Best Chance to go through:

Poplyfe (Coould tell she strained her voice practicing. Good, but off a little. I liked their acoustic and Vegas performances more)
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.: Pretty good
Lys Agnes: I thought she was good, but she didn't "move" me like Jackie Evancho does.
Professor Splash: Daring so the viewers will probably vote him through, but I really don't see it as much more than a sideshow (like Captain and Maybelle)

S~

The thing I have to keep remembering is the judges select the final spot (between the acts receiving the 4th and 5th most votes). I don't see the judges voting through 3 vocal acts since they always opt for variety. Seth Gabriel gets the final spot over Lys Agnes. We shall see what happens this evening.

Anyway, I was hoping to get tickets for Jackie Evansho in Dallas next month, but they are sold-out.

I vote for the Smurfs. Of course, what a shameless plug for their upcoming movie. :)

Actually, I placed 10 votes for Professor Splash, 8 votes for Mauricio Herrera, 5 votes for Ian Johnson, and 2 votes for the Frank Sinatra guy.

Lys Agnes put through. No surprise from that bunch!

That leaves the magician, the diver and the wittle wappers.;)
I vote for the magician, although the one sent home last week was better, IMHO.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)