America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

Just my two cents...

...I have highlighted who I think will move on to the Top 10.

• Zuma Zuma - I like 'em but the act has gone about as far as it can go.

• Beth Ann Robinson - really nice acrobatic dancing (she's going to be a star when she gets older) but I think this Youtube act has gone has far as it can go based on the format and her being an individual dancer.

• Sandou Trio Russian Bar - WTF? A Russian Bar act without a Russian Bar...and toss in a raised upside-down Piano and really bad singing. Big mistake and adios!

• Kevin Colis - they should call him Kevin Colon because he stunk like you know what...another terrible singing performance...may have even been worse than the Sandou Trio. Piers buzzed him but he should have also been gonged and received the hook as he exited stage left.

• Matt Wilhelm - stunt cyclist/light show guy...really good but he "goofed" one trick that may cost him.

• Poplyfe - I never would have put this band through to this point. I hated their "HollyWood Squares/Bad Beatles Tune" act. El stinko! I cannot believe the judges had nice things to say about their performance, and the audience loves 'em. Unfortunately, they will go through to the Top 10.

• West Springfield Dance Team - pretty much the same dance schtick as the previous 3-weeks. They are going hom for good this time.

• Melissa Villasenor - I'm not a big fan, but she is somewhat funny in a quirky oddball way. She'll probably go through to the Top 10.

• Team Iluminate - once again fantastic! No problem moving on to the Top 10. Did anyone notice the equipment malfunction on one of the performer's outfit? - the left side of her suit didn't have power.

• Daniel Joseph Baker - another rotten performance by a rotten human being. Sorry, but I just cannot stand this punk. I'm hoping we've seen the last of him.

• Miami All-Stars - one of my favorite acts; they were terrific - my 1st or 2nd best act of the evening. I'm just hoping America votes them through.

• Lys Agnes - sorry, but she this woman isn't talented enough to carry Jackie Evancho's lunch box. I don't want to see her perform any longer.

Last edited:
The first half seemed to be such duds:

Zuma Zuma has gotten repetative and boring.

Beth Ann Robinson may be technically perfect but I could not sit through a 2 hour show of that.

Sandou Trio what was that gal doing playing the piano upsidedown instead of doing death defying russian board? I guess no one ever told her her voice may be nice but not star quality.

Kevin Colis was a weak singer, his last performance was better. It may have been nerves but too far along to make excuses.

It started to pick up:

Matt Wilhelm was at least entertaining, but I do wonder like Piers said how long can he keep it interesting?

Poplyfe must have sounded a lot better in person that it did on TV. Actually this time I thought the band was much better than the singer.

West Springfield Dancers again another fun performance. I could see it being a Vegas act once they got a lot of props and probably a storyline. I could see it working.

Melissa Villasenor - actually the first performance of hers I liked. It was not great but I can see some potential. I would see her at a local comedy club, but I do not know about a big Vegas show.

Team iLuminate - another great performance. I can see them possibly winning. There was the one guy that had half his costume not working, but otherwise a great performance.

Daniel Joseph Baker - first performance of his I could tolerate. He just is not my style of singer. He has a lot of talent and potential.

Miami All Stars - a nice performance, but could I sit through 2 hours of them? A tough act to sell.

Lys Agnes - not bad, in fact a good opera singer. But, I think there is more in her story than her singing. A headlining act? I could see her singing with a big opera, perhaps a Met cast member? Not an act in Vegas.

The 3 I would like to see go through would be:
Team iLuminate
West Springfield Dancers
Matt Willhelm - but, next time he better have something different

The forth act I do not really care.

Five acts will be going through this evening. I feel confident that Team iLuminate, Poplyfe, Melissa Villasenor and Miami All*Stars will be going through the Top 10, but I am not at all sure about Matt Wilhelm. I think there are two factors working against him: people just don't like the BMX (e.g., they voted out Yellow Design Stunt Team twice in favor of lesser acts) and that one screw-up the judges pointed-out during their reviews. I would like to see him advance but I think voters will overlook him in favor of iLuminate which is already a favorite and, IMO, a much better act. In that case, either that Baker lunatic or the marginally good Agnes takes the 5th spot. I would have include West Springfield Dance Team but I feel their appearance scares away a lot of votes by folks who like cute 'n cuddly - heck, they have already been voted off the show once already. Finally, my upset vote is that the Miami All*Stars may be voted through. Although they have performed very well during the competition, they were also a Judges Vote in earlier rounds. We shall see.

I agree that iLuminate is going through... I'm not sure about the others you picked. I do think West Springfield is going through as their act was very good. It was actually a dance act that was more than just dancing around on stage as it had a show behind it. Wilhelm has a chance but that's because it was very weak competition last night. DJB and Miami All Stars both have a chance... DJB was the best he's been (in that, like mike said, I could tolerate his voice.) Miami All Stars I thought were weaker than in the past. Perhaps it's the dance style they chose but I prefer the more upbeat dance where they really were all over the stage to the one at a time unsynchronized dance.

I really really REALLY hope it's the last we ever see of Melissa Villasenor.

The thing about the "audience loving" acts is that they are almost goated into cheering and booing. At home Poplyfe sounded awful. If the audience isn't being told to cheer and boo then it has to be what I've said since day one in that I think there is something wrong with the audio feed from the stage. If the judges and audience think Poplyfe and the opera singer were good then maybe the audio coming from stage to TV is bad?either way I don't think they are going through either.... though I've been wrong 3 / 4 last weeks.

It's going to be a tough night. A couple flops, but some pretty strong performances. I thought Poplyfe sounded very good at home. Loved their rendition. The gaming theme really fit iLuminate. Miami All-starts put on a spectacular performance. I like Westspringfield. I like the macabre. Tough voting.

S~

So happy that Melissa Villasenor is gone! Shocked that the opera singer is through. It's funny... as much as I couldn't stand Poppycock I actually prefer him over DJB.

I can't believe the Judges were permitted to vote for the 5th act. Also, I am somewhat surprised the West Springfield Dance Team is going through...however, I AM GO GLAD that Daniel Bonehead Baker is leaving us. Yeah!

Next Week's Acts

Okay, if you ask my opinion these acts are better than the ones we saw this week. We shall see how they perform.

Snap Boogie - talented dancer with a unique twist
Anna Graceman - 11-year old singer with big voice and bigger smile
Silhouettes - very interesting stuff (don't know how else to explain 'em)
Steven Retchless (aka Prince Poleycock) - male pole dancer
Smadge Brothers - outstanding motorcycle daredevil brothers
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. - Frank Sinatra wannabe
Professor Splash - belly-flopper extraordinare
Fatally Unique - high energy dance act
Gymkana - gymnastics/dance (YouTube)
The Kinetic King - sticks & cups & Woo Hoo (Wildcard act)
Landon Swank - illusionist (Wildcard act)
Summerwind Skippers - jump rope artists (Wildcard act)

Okay, if you ask my opinion these acts are better than the ones we saw this week. We shall see how they perform.

Well you know who will be up first........:D

Well you know who will be up first........:D

No doubt! I imagine KK will be booked working parties and special events after the show. I just realized if KK makes the Top 10 he will be touring with AGT from coast-to-coast. Offhand, I have no idea how he's going to setup his kinetic events since it takes him 3-days just to setup for a 60-second show...plus, the entertainers will need rehearsal on the stage. Anyway, I just took a look at the list of performers and, unless all the top competitors fall on their swords, he is not going to make the Top 5.

The act I see having the most trouble next week is Professor Splash. I am tired of watching the high dive onto an air mattress. I know he dresses it up with a wading pool on top, but really look at it, a 3-4 foot cushion (that we can see) with a kiddy pool on top. It is good for one segment of a Vegas act, but now it is time to see what else he can do. I just hope it is better than singing upside down while playing the piano.

I hope the Kenetic King is finally done. Really 3 days to prepare for a 60 second show? How would this possibly work in a real Vegas show? 45 minutes to get everyone seated, 5 minutes later the show is done... Perhaps as Riffjim mentioned an opening segment.

Gymkana, Silhouettes and Smadge Brothers are the most interesting to me at this time. I want to see what else they can do. If they repeat their prior performances, it is probably time to go.

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. - I could see him being a lounge act in LV, but not a headline show.

The rest need to really wow me, I am ho hum about them.

Agreed. Kinetic King and Professor Splash are nearing the end of their ropes. They make a nice addition to a variety show, but they are certainly not a Vegas Headline Act. However, I do feel that Professor Splash has a slim chance of going through to the Top 10 should he set a record. Plus, just like KK opening the show, we all know PS is going to close the show, which is probably an advantage when it comes to voting. I am confident that KK will be ending his reign next week.

I though Gymkana was allright, but I don't see them earning a spot in the Top 10. In fact, I think West Springfield Dance Team is going to be the only YouTube/Wildcard team to make the Top 10.

Silhouettes are practically guaranteed a spot in the Top 10 unless they somehow blow it. As for the Smadge Brothers? I don't know! I like 'em, but I think they'll have trouble beating-out the singers and dance acts. Moreover, I don't see them doing anything "new" - just the same stuff they've done in the past.

I too haven't been overly impressed with Frank Sinatra Murphy Jr. and his "Just Okay" singing, Landon Swank's "Is that all you Got?" illusions, and Fatally "Easy to Forgot and Nothing" Unique about them.

The judges and voters seem to love Anna Graceman but I don't share their enthusiasm. She is a "good" singer for an 11-year old...nothing more IMO.

I was actually thinking the opposite. I felt the top 7 acts were very good and the two that went home could have slipped into the final spot next week. Lys's performance really bothered me. It could have been the song choice with her voice. I didn't particularly care for Daniel last night, but he is good. Beth's performance was graceful and she brought in a lot of personality. Professor Splash and Kinetic King have no business being in the finals. Neither act could could hold a show. Are we supposed to sit for days waiting for KK to set up for 1:30 of flying popsicle sticks? Gymkana is boring and repitive. They better do something unique to get through. Silhouttes should shine. Anna will probably make it through if she hits the big voice and notes. Smadge brothers will probably make it if they hit something different. Landon needs to do something new and unique that noone has seen before. The rest are pretty much toss-ups that could go big or totally blow it.

S~

I was actually thinking the opposite. I felt the top 7 acts were very good and the two that went home could have slipped into the final spot next week. Lys's performance really bothered me. It could have been the song choice with her voice. I didn't particularly care for Daniel last night, but he is good. Beth's performance was graceful and she brought in a lot of personality. Professor Splash and Kinetic King have no business being in the finals. Neither act could could hold a show. Are we supposed to sit for days waiting for KK to set up for 1:30 of flying popsicle sticks? Gymkana is boring and repitive. They better do something unique to get through. Silhouttes should shine. Anna will probably make it through if she hits the big voice and notes. Smadge brothers will probably make it if they hit something different. Landon needs to do something new and unique that noone has seen before. The rest are pretty much toss-ups that could go big or totally blow it.

S~

There are certainly a handful of acts people like watching for a few minutes, but there are no acts that send chills up-and-down ones spine when they perform. IMO Team iLuminate has been the cream of the crop---and I like The Silhouettes and a few others---but I'm disappointed that we haven't witnessed one of those jaw-dropping "Wow!" moments this year like when Terry Fator's puppets sang like Etta James and Tony Bennett or when Jackie Evancho sang "O Mio Babbino Caro" or when Michael Grimm sang "You Don't Know Me" or the first time we saw Fightening Gravity or even when Kevin "Chicken Catcher" Skinner first performed (first and last time he sang in tune).

I just don't get why the judges are so smitten with Lys Agnes. Heck, if I'm not listening to Heavy Metal then I'm listening to Classical Music to include opera and the symphony orchestra. I don't think Lys has anything more than fair opera voice; it's great for a local theater house but not a national telent competition. Likewise, her voice was terrible the other day (sounded like she had a sinus or throat infection) and her song choice was just as poor. Okay, she's attractive and certainly stands-out with her mocha complexion and gloden hair...but that's no reason to vote her through. Heck, and I'm even more surprised to see Piers drinking her Kook-Aid. I just don't get it?

I guess we were spoiled last year... :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts