America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

Only ones I sort of liked were at the end. The cruise boat magician, but that trick was way too small. We got a good view on TV but the audience probably could not see a thing. The female singer Bria Kelly was not bad, and neither was the young male singer Drew Erwin. Academy of Villains was the best one of the night, I just hope they have more routines to continue with.

Of the night probably only Academy of Villains would have a chance to go through another round.

My daughter liked the girl singer and magician; I liked the brass bell guy (just as long as he brings a gong, which would have come in handy tonight); we both liked the final dance act. All-in-all a pretty awful show.

These are the worst acts I have ever seen on this show. They are not even worthy for YouTube itself.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I have seen the bell guy many times. It is really better than they showed. He plays at our renaissance festival every year. All in all that show was a waste if time though.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

These are the worst acts I have ever seen on this show. They are not even worthy for YouTube itself.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

It reminded me of one of the quarter final episodes in that it's a shame we have to vote four acts forward to the next round. The YouTube acts have been a bust since Jackie Evancho.

I have seen the bell guy many times. It is really better than they showed. He plays at our renaissance festival every year. All in all that show was a waste if time though.

I haven't seen him before but I was thinking the same thing...just wasn't a good venue for this bells. I thought Howard's comments were a bit over-the-top; he didn't need to riddicule the poor chap.

Academy of Villains, Bria Kelly, The Magic of Puck and Clint Cavalo and his Extreme Parrots are moving on. I just watched the 40-minutes I missed last night and agree with all the selections. Of course, I don't think any of these acts will pass through to the next round. We shall see.

I think Drew Erwin probably was voted #4, but the judges want variety not all singers again. But, I think he was getting the teenage vote for his looks more than for his singing ability. I hope the bird guy has some other good tricks.

Well I guess next week we see the second chance 12... Probably going to be a disappointment. Then hopefully the finals will be better.

How the heck does air guitar guy end up sixth? That is the only act I could not watch. The other six acts were better than he. Those were the four best acts. I did not like Drew at all. I thought he was off in many places.

S~

riffjim4069 said:
I haven't seen him before but I was thinking the same thing...just wasn't a good venue for this bells. I thought Howard's comments were a bit over-the-top; he didn't need to riddicule the poor chap.

correct, bad venue for him. Those bells are not for everyone, but I like them. You have to see them to appreciate how massive it is.

I don't think any of the acts should have gone on, just took spots away from more talented people.

Next Episode: Wildcard Show (AKA Judges' Picks)

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Howard's Picks:

Ben Blaque
Horse
Spencer Horsman
Todd Oliver and Irving

Sharon's Picks:

All That!
Bandbaz Brothers
Jake Wesley Rodgers
Lindsey Norton

Howie's Picks:

Andrew De Leon
Jarrett & Raja
Sebastian El Charro
Cristin Sandu

S~

Awww. No Big Barry :rolleyes: I knew someone would invite Lindsey back.

My prediction...

Possibilities:
I can see Lindsey Norton moving forward to the next round...she deserves it; Cristin Sandu will move through...if he doesn't fall down - big if; Sebastian El Charro...I don't think he's that talented, but the audience sure likes him and he has the kid factor working for him; Bandbaz Brothers...I though these guys were mesmerizing, but they will have to do something truly outstanding to move forward; Ben Blaque...he definitely holds the audience's attention, but he only has an outside chance; Spencer Horsman..maybe; Todd Oliver and Irving...if his jokes are funny they has a 50-50 shot.

Doubtfuls:
Jarret & Raja...meh; All That!...I like 'em, but people generally don't like cloggers; Jake Wesley Rodgers...I don't feel he has the talent to move forward, but you never know; Horse...men love him but women hate him so he's going to take another kick in the nuts; Andrew De Leon...ugh! I would rather see/hear Big Barry (of course, I may be slightly biased).

...Awww. No Big Barry :rolleyes:

Thank goodness! And no theme song singer named Useless...er, I mean Ulysses with the 1960s Marty Allen hair.

87152_generated_384x288__avtfrNFvXUS59LVtE2IzJQ.jpg

My Summary...

Spencer Horsman - good trick, but there is something not very exciting about his presentation.
All That! - talented but, as Howie and Howard pointed out, they don't do anything special that makes you want to watch.
Jarrett & Raja - folding cardboard piano and Raja wanters out the back dressed in a pair of overhauls with the other workers; how obvious.
Jake Wesley Rogers - ho hum.
Cristin Sandu - he did well although he eventually fell. However, just how far can you go with this act?
Todd Oliver & Irving - he was very funny tonight.
Bandbaz Brothers - Yep, not a million dollar act but I like 'em;
Sebastian El Charro De Oro - big band tunes a la Mexicana. I didn't get it?
Horse - tennis balls to the nuts. Stupid..yes, but this guy deserves a few votes.
Lindsey Norton - it's a pleasure to watch perform her but, like the judges mentioned, it is enough to overcome the BIG acts.

Andrew De Leon - I forever be scarred for having seen and heard this act.
Ben Blaque - nice presentation, excellent music, and nice "element" of danger.

Great show! I'm voting for the bolded acts.

NONE OF THE ABOVE! IMHO none of these acts deserved a second chance. The ventriloquist was sort of funny, but Meh...

And what is it with the mariachi band not playing mariachi? The kid has a limited range and generally hits the big notes. Sing fast catchy songs with lots of short notes and then big long heavy notes that accentuate the hook. "El Toro Relajo" or "Mariquita" both of which are very similar to the date that got them there "La Charreada". If they want to get away from their core music try something relatively new from Alejandro Fernandez. Or to go out on a limb perhaps make a Mariachi arrangement of the old afto-cuban "Mentira Salome". But New York, New York for the poor kid that has such little range let alone the cultural shock for most of America? No way the act goes through. I was rooting for them, but nope.

I have to agree with Tony. Nothing really stood out, most of these acts improved from last time, but still should have been cut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)