America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

Incredible! I mediocre child singer, Sebastian El Charro De Oro, gets voted through while two much better acts, Bandbaz Brothers and Ben Blaque, are sent home. Regardless, this is basically a filler week because I don't see any of the recycled winners getting much farther in the competition.

I said this before, but Todd Oliver played for us a few years ago at Team Summit and has a complete 45 minute show, and its funny as hell. His big problem is his act that he was pulling jokes from was hard to pull jokes which could work in 90 seconds. Most of his act is telling stories.

I was glad to hear him with the one liners last night.

I said this before, but Todd Oliver played for us a few years ago at Team Summit and has a complete 45 minute show, and its funny as hell. His big problem is his act that he was pulling jokes from was hard to pull jokes which could work in 90 seconds. Most of his act is telling stories.

I was glad to hear him with the one liners last night.

He's funny...and I can see him being a much better story teller. Anyway, that's interesting to hear how he performed at a Team Summit.

I actually thought this was one of the better nights.

I am talking about last night.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

riffjim4069 said:
Well, at least the contestants were better than both the professional acts; truly horrible. Bring back cirque du soleil.

Agree

Notice that pop duo were lip syncing? If you cannot truly perform live, then you have no business performing.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I agree it wass one of the better nights, but America, and the judges, got i completely wrong except for Todd Oliver and Irving. Seriously, outside of mariachi, Sebastian cannot sing. All That! was boring as heck, and Andrew's voice was scratchy all over teh place. That what happens when a man tries to sing like a woman. I'd take Horse over either of those. Ben Blaque and Spencer were very good. I like escape artists. As for the crossbow, he needs another weapon in his act. As for teh professionals, I hate the "Bring It On" movies, and I thought their performance was boring.

S~

After watching last night, I noted two thing.

1. Since Sharon is leaving, can she please take Howard with her? I'll miss her, but Stern just has to go.

2. It is pretty bad when the 'professional' acts come on and aren't as good or better than some of the acts that get voted out! The dance troupe just wasn't interesting, nor as good as many of the dancing amateur acts this year and before. And a singing group using auto-tuners and lip syncing just doesn't do it for me.

I liked Piers but Howards is not distracting to the show. Of course, they brought him aboard for ratings, which I noticed continued to be only lukewarm. The average audience appears to be around 1.5-2M less than 2-3 years ago.

9 p.m.
ABC: "America's Got Talent" (10 million, 6.1/10)

I thought the choices last night were terrible. I am tired of hearing "this is the best group we've ever had" and wanted to turn off the TV when the little mariachi kid compared himself to Jackie. He's to Jackie what the goth opera singer is to Marilyn Manson...

I'm willing to bet that around 60% of the acts in the finals would not have even made it past Vegas in earlier seasons. That said next week I'm looking forward to the sand art and the giant harp as they are two performers who have actually provided interesting acts in earlier weeks.

I also haven't found Howard distracting as most of the time he's saying what i'm thinking which is usually "you have no place even being here and you are wasting my time". The past two nights we watched live instead of on the DVR and it was punishment.

I thought the choices last night were terrible. I am tired of hearing "this is the best group we've ever had" and wanted to turn off the TV when the little mariachi kid compared himself to Jackie. He's to Jackie what the goth opera singer is to Marilyn Manson...

Yep, last night's selections were pretty awful and Jackie Evencho has more talent in a single hair follicle than Mariachi has in his entire body. A couple things I concluded (suspected would happen):

- Anyone of hispanic heritage voted for Sebatian en masse.
- Anyone living south of the Mason-Dixon line for All That!

Next Episode: Semifinals

Tuesday, 28 August 2012 (8:00 PM ET)

Twelve acts perform.

Joe Castillo
Bria Kelly
The Scott Brothers
William Close
Academy of Villains
Tom Cotter
Donovan & Rebecca
Eric Dittelman
Edon
Turf

I'll assume the other two acts will come from the wildcard winners. Anyway, it looks like a pretty good lineup.

Sunday, 2 September 2012 (8:00 PM ET)

Three acts move on to the Top Six.

It looks like the results show is being moved to Sunday due to NFL football being broadcast on Wednesday. Additionally, it looks as though they have changed the format this year. In previous seasons they had a Top 10 show and then the Top 4 acts performed in the Finals. This year is looks like they are going from 48 to 24 to 12 to 6 to ???. Will the winner be selected from the Top 6 or wil there be a Top 3 show?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts