America's Got Talent: Season 8

SAd to see Dave go. I really like his voice and style. I would have rather seen him than Innovative Force and/or Collins Key.

S~

"Twelve semifinalists perform."

Tuesday, 3 September 2013 (9:00 PM ET) - "Twelve Semifinalists Perform"
Wednesday, 4 September 2013 (8:00 PM ET) - "Performance Recap"
Wednesday, 4 September 2013 (9:00 PM ET) - "Results show...four acts advance"

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0759364/episodes?season=8&ref_=tt_eps_sn_8[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

My Summary of the Night's Performances...

• *D'Angelo & Amanda - I really, really like these kids. I didn't think they upped their game, but I loved their performance.
  • Marty Brown - Chicken "Out of Tune Country Singer" Catchers II...much better than last time, but still not very good. There is NOT room enough for MB in the semifinals.
  • *Chicago - I was highly entertained - well done! But is it enough to move on to the next round?
  • Leon Etienne and Romy Low (Howard's Wild Card) - other than the cute girls and the quick change, their act was too busy IMO. Regardless, Mel B says she loves a girl and her box" and Howard and Howie kissed. Judges seemed to like it however.
  • *Anna Cristine - big performance by an 11-year old girl. I'm still not crazy about her, but she'll get voted through.
  • *Kinichi Ebani - I don't know what this guy does, but I love what he does. Well done!
  • John wing - very funny comedian.
  • Branden James - not a bad singer, but he took a familiar tune and sang in Italian (poorly). Not a bad singer, but the competition is too stiff.
  • *Kristef Brothers - These guys are so likable...and they nailed their act.
  • American Military Spouses Choir - very good, very entertaining, but not good enough.
  • Timber Brown - he flopped...literally...why he did a 180 and made this Water World act is a mystery to me.
  • Jimmy Rose - he botched another song and once again hurt my eardrum. Why he made it this far is a mystery.

• *D'Angelo & Amanda - I really, really like these kids. I didn't think they upped their game, but I loved their performance.
  • Marty Brown - Chicken "Out of Tune Country Singer" Catchers II...much better than last time, but still not very good. There is NOT room enough for MB in the semifinals.
  • *Chicago - I was highly entertained - well done! But is it enough to move on to the next round?
  • Leon Etienne and Romy Low (Howard's Wild Card) - other than the cute girls and the quick change, their act was too busy IMO. Regardless, Mel B says she loves a girl and her box" and Howard and Howie kissed. Judges seemed to like it however.
  • *Anna Cristine - big performance by an 11-year old girl. I'm still not crazy about her, but she'll get voted through.
  • *Kinichi Ebani - I don't know what this guy does, but I love what he does. Well done!
  • John wing - very funny comedian.
  • Branden James - not a bad singer, but he took a familiar tune and sang in Italian (poorly). Not a bad singer, but the competition is too stiff.
  • *Kristef Brothers - These guys are so likable...and they nailed their act.
  • American Military Spouses Choir - very good, very entertaining, but not good enough.
  • Timber Brown - he flopped...literally...why he did a 180 and made this Water World act is a mystery to me.
  • Jimmy Rose - he botched another song and once again hurt my eardrum. Why he made it this far is a mystery.

Great review. Brandon James sang in Spanish, not Italian. And it sucked. I can't stand it when songs are translated! I mentioned the same thing last week. Sing the song in the original language, or don't sing it!

Tonight's Summary (6 of 12 acts selected)

Brandon James (I'm surprised)
Chicago Boyz
Kristef Brothers
Jimmy Rose (at least Marty Brown is going home)
Kinichi Ebani
D'Angelo & Amanda (beat Anna Cristine in close fan vote after judges tied)

Just watched last night's Live show after 4 hours of Comc***. Another story, another forum. I thought last night's show was really strong. Marty recovered nicely from his last performance. I like Jimmy, also. I like that type of voice for country. I was so disappointed with Timber's performance. I like him a lot. Kristef's are hilarious. Love Anna's voice. Closed my eyes to listen. I did see nerves on her face. Luckily they didn't interfere with her voice. And Kenichi is a genious.

S~

Just watched last night's Live show after 4 hours of Comc***. Another story, another forum. I thought last night's show was really strong. Marty recovered nicely from his last performance. I like Jimmy, also. I like that type of voice for country. I was so disappointed with Timber's performance. I like him a lot. Kristef's are hilarious. Love Anna's voice. Closed my eyes to listen. I did see nerves on her face. Luckily they didn't interfere with her voice. And Kenichi is a genious.

S~

Marty recovered nicely, but he was in over his head at this level of competition. Jimmy...well, I honestly cannot stand the 'twang' in his voice. Love him or hate him, I suppose. As I pointed out in my review, Timber had been one of the strongest performers week-in and week-out and has done some amazing things on stage. I was really disappointed with his Water World performance. I certainly understand that he had to do something bigger and better, but his act was too wet and wild for my tastes. Kristef Brothers are talented and just two likeable guys. Kenichi has been a genious, but I feel his acts have the least margin for error. It's so nice to start weeding out the weaker acts.

Stonados on Syfy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)