AMIKO Amiko A3 Guides and Instructions

Nice guides!

Joe,

Thank you for all of your hard work and sleepless nights to bring this excellent STB to market. Having worked on several Android based STBs in the past, I can truly appreciate the details and ease of use for the A3! Congratulations on bringing a solid Android STB to the North American market!

I just want to let everyone know that when Joe sent a unit for me to test and provide feedback, I found the A3 to be the most developed Android STBs that I had ever tested. The guides were not yet available, yet the unit operated like I expect a set-top box to operate! I had very few questions as the unit was very straight-forward in the set-up and operation. More refinement and features have been added in the past few week and I am looking forward to running the A3 and integrating with my OTA ATSC Silicon Dust tuners and media library!

when are you guys going to have some to sell?

Units just (slowly) started shipping out on Friday. I would think at least one of the Retailers might have a few stock sometime this week. Most were pre-sold a long time ago. A3 is very scarce right now with huge worldwide demand so if you can get one I'd suggest grabbing ASAP if you want it.

General availability is not expected to be until October.

Joe,

The guides look great. Thanks for making them PDF's.

I've been through all of them and can't wait to get the A3. According to the tracking info it has been processed through the USPS sort facility in Charlotte (30 miles away) so I should have it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ernie

I hope you guys can do a “for dummies” write up on making the A3 work with SiliconDust OTA ATSC tuners. I have a new dual tuner HDTC-2US and XBMC in the A3 sees the tuner but playback is not smooth and I can’t seem to control the tuner, IE change channels. It’s like I can change channels ONCE then the only thing I can do is completely bail all the way out of the XBMC system and go back zero.
Obviously I have no idea what I’m doing yet.

I know, I know... RTFM!

BUT, I happened to select 1080p60 and my display doesn't support that resolution. Is there a way, other than taking the A3 to another room/monitor, to get back to a 720p or 1080i resolution without seeing a displayed menu? I never saw this in TFM. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I know, I know... RTFM!

BUT, I happened to select 1080p60 and my display doesn't support that resolution. Is there a way, other than taking the A3 to another room/monitor, to get back to a 720p or 1080i resolution without seeing a displayed menu? I never saw this in TFM. :)

Is there a key on the remote you can hit until it cycles back to a resolution your tv can use?

I know, I know... RTFM!

Sure...if you connected it to your network before choosing wrong resolution type the IP address of the A3 in your browser. Click CONTROL tab, then remote on left hand side. You'll get a picture of the RCU and a screenshot on the right. Each time you click something on the remote picture the screenshot will refresh. Should be able to get back to resolution settings and change it especially if you are still on that screen.

Is there a key on the remote you can hit until it cycles back to a resolution your tv can use?

Not that's labeled for it. The color code buttons don't do it either. Oh well, my sat feed is to the TV which is currently in use for Housewives crap, so I'll see if transferring to that location works tomorrow.

I was having issues getting Google Play to recognize my account. Will have to explore that more tomorrow. I intend to use this little beauty for Netflix, amazon prime music, and all the other stuff my android phone does.

Will the sat guy's app work on the A3?

Any "routine" apps not compatible with the A3?

This thing looks and feels sweet so far! Like the responsiveness of the remote too. Very nice.

Sure...if you connected it to your network before choosing wrong resolution type the IP address of the A3 in your browser. Click CONTROL tab, then remote on left hand side. You'll get a picture of the RCU and a screenshot on the right. Each time you click something on the remote picture the screenshot will refresh. Should be able to get back to resolution settings and change it especially if you are still on that screen.
Thanks! I'll probably just power down and go to my real location tomorrow.

This is a good tip for others that may come in handy!

I am requesting they add 720p/60Hz selection to the webinterface in the future. Assuming they do this for us if you ever accidentally select an unsupported mode you just change the setting directly in your computer web browser.

The tip about using the web interface, RCU and screenshot is also handy if you want a screenshot. Just right click on it and do a "save as". This is how I do all the screen caps on A3 for the guides and whatever.

What about a download section to put the A3 back like it should be after IDIOTS LIKE ME wipe them completely clean?

Dee Ann, this was covered on the guides and instructions page, http://www.amiko-a3.us/?page_id=69

How and what to back up guide is in RED.

It is in red and at the top because it is important. It is just like a windows or linux computer or Android tablet or phone. If you factory reset you will wipe user data and Apps. By specific request of our end users and also inline with my (and your) preference not to have a bunch of stuff "forced" on you all our apps are user rather than force locked system apps. If you read and followed the backup guide specifically covering this, restoring after a reset is easy.

There is also no reason to reset an Android device unless you corrupt critical user data. If you did so you would know. It would not fully boot.

Well now I realize these things. I did not realize this before I broke it. I didn’t know about backing it up. I hadn’t seen the warning.
Now I’ve broken it and I do not have a backup and thus it is physically impossible for me to restore it to what it should be.

Where do I send it to have it repaired?

Thanks.

Well now I realize these things. I did not realize this before I broke it. I didn’t know about backing it up. I hadn’t seen the warning.
Now I’ve broken it and I do not have a backup and thus it is physically impossible for me to restore it to what it should be.

Where do I send it to have it repaired?

Thanks.

Just a suggestion? Maybe another person that just received their receiver can do a backup, and send you a copy... There's all sort of free file servers in the cloud that allow this. They then send you the link, and you then download to a pendrive, and restore your receiver.

:facepalm Dee Ann....

Guess you jumped in and pushed buttons and twisted knobs without reading the guides and instructions. The second User Guide with the red font is How and What to Back Up on Your A3. A simple back-up and a restore would have fixed this in a few moments. Too late now...

You didn't do a reset on the satellite app, you performed a factory reset on the entire A3 "computer". The on-screen warnings were real. Without your back-up, the preloaded apps and functions are gone.

Do not share these back-ups between users. Sharing a complete back-up likely will not work between two units and could cause significant problems. Please call me tomorrow and we will make arrangements to restore the deleted apps and settings. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts