AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

Mine runs 16-18 hours a day with a good combo of FTA, Kodi, Netflix, and occasional YouTube. So far only have to reset and recover once about every 6 months.
We will probably use it till it just dies, the whole family loves it!

but ordered a few more quad-core samples

Hope you have better success then others did !

If they use the HiSilicon 3796 then they will be obsolete before launch.
They have stuttering issues with the 60 FPS UHD .
Nor can they record UHD, and they can't handle 10-bit (High Dynamic Range).
Nor will they do the ACM channels on 125°W.

Be sure to keep it away from magnets!
Heard they will kill it faster then a lightning strike.

While my A3 hasn't been trouble free we still enjoy using it. It lost it's mind about a month ago but was no trouble to get going again thanks to having the backups. Here it is mostly used for Fta and Kodi. Timer recordings work great on it too. Overall it was a good investment.

Typically get 10 or more factory samples each year. It is well under control... :D
Titanium, always happy to support you if you need beta testers (no magnets). Also, if there is no activity from original distributors, can't you ask to be relieved of the non-compete early?

HELP! A3 in twilight zone.

My A3 is stuck on the first (static) boot. Soft reboot using the front panel button does not get into recovery, just a blanks screen, so cannot use update.zip, cash and user date clean or partition restore on the ROM. Have backups. Didn't want to use the reset button at the back before checking in. Hints on the right procedure will be appreciated.

HELP! A3 in twilight zone.

My A3 is stuck on the first (static) boot. Soft reboot using the front panel button does not get into recovery, just a blanks screen, so cannot use update.zip, cash and user date clean or partition restore on the ROM. Have backups. Didn't want to use the reset button at the back before checking in. Hints on the right procedure will be appreciated.
Did you unplug it from the power source and let it sit for about 30 minutes and then power it up again?

Reactions: WarpSpeed
If that didn't work you can try the Amiko Americas A3 ORIGINAL NAND Wipe/Recovery Kit located here:

http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=37716

I used it once after a Kodi "upgrade" to get that A3 working again. No problems since then.

Ernie
S U C C E S S! Thank you Ernie. This did the trick. Thank you also Babadem and Titanium. I am no longer worried abut using the reset button on the back (not that anyone else should go there). One A3 back to new! Much appreciated. :hatsoff

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
The A3 "Stuck in Boot" Gremlin is back again!!! I just did a NAND recovery just a couple of months ago on this thing! :(

In an effort to salvage my A3, I did the NAND Recovery. However, when I tried to load a backup, it started to load ,quit, and went back to the previous screen without finishing the backup. Tried several dates of backup files going back to the original backup. Tried files stored on the HD as well as files stored on a USB flash drive. Always with the same result, starts, stops, backs up. This was one of the issues that caused me to try the NAND. Obviously something else. Appreciate any suggestions. BTW, resurrected my MicroHD to replace the A3

Joe

Hello Joe, On the A3, one thing I have learnt to do during backup, is to do it in stages. I first back up the system files. When done, I backup all apps except the ones that are very large, like Kodi, as such apps may take a long time. I have had many instances of the backup failing when I try to do it all in one go. Also, each time I select a single system file or app, I check that the corresponding size shows up adding to the total. this is to verify that the file was selected and loaded properly. The process has always worked for me and may prove of help with your A3 recovery.

Reactions: Babadem