AMIKO amiko a3 (powersurge)

solrackm

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2003
I was downloading the 2.55 dev rom when all the sudden a powersurge happened a liitle past halfway the download, now the receiver stays stuck on boot with no picture on the screen. Is there anyway I can restore everything back to normal? Thanks. (update), figured it out

Last edited:
First, any box disclaims upgrade/sw issues because of this very reason. Some guys leave out the brownout/blackout or that the kid/dog kicked out the power cord in the middle of an update. Other guys don't mention bashing the keys and hitting everything and anything before the box mysteriously stopped working.

The ROM's are around 250Mb. From what you describe it was just downloading it, not in recovery (writing) the download. Shouldn't have caused any issues. The factory Spark2 should be the same or similar. You aren't going to break the box unless you hurt it during the actual format/write process.

that was not the case for me, I left it it alone for almost two hours and still was on boot. is there any I can get back the amiko software and satellite app so I can get back the north american satellites? Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)