OTHER TBS 6925

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beavs2112

Addicted to Legal FTA
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
London Ontario Canada
Hi SatGuys family :)

I wanted to share a frustrating experience. I purchased another TBS-6925 DVB sat tuner card earlier this month that is causing me some frustration. The PCs work normally but as soon as I try to scan a TP or tune a channel or move my dish motors or even update a satellite list it causes a reboot with a BSOD. My other TBS-6925 tuner card works great in both desktop PCs I have. One is an Asus G30B high end HTPC & the other is an Asus M32 lower end PC.

The windows BSOD error info (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION TBS6925_64.SYS with stop code 0000003b) on the internet suggests an outdated video card driver which is not my case (the video card is a PCIe NVIDIA GTX770 with lots of on-board memory). I've tried everything I can think of ..... updated & re-loaded tuner, video, audio card drivers, updated bios, different PCIe slot, different PC , several different DVB viewing programs in several different file locations, different sat inputs on the multiswitch) and it still causes reboots. One DVB program (CrazyScan) says the tuner card failed to initialize and was busy. Windows device manager says the card is ok lol.

Contacted the Amazon seller in the USA today to arrange for a replacement. So we'll see what happens from here.

Kevin

Hi WH. Yes I tried it in 2 PC's .... my main HTPC & a new basic desktop. Bad in both PCs with the exact same error code.

Wonder if its a fake or just bad card? I ordered some fake's well I thought they were real from aliexpress that's what I get for. I feel your pain i bet you spent hours and hours.

DTV Shop?

Wonder if its a fake or just bad card? I ordered some fake's well I thought they were real from aliexpress that's what I get for. I feel your pain i bet you spent hours and hours.

DTV Shop?
Sincere thanks for taking the time to read and reply wallyhts. My bet is a bad card. DTV Shop is correct. I think I have a permanent mark on my head where I scratched it a million times trying to figure out what's wrong with the card :(

Fakes? I'm sorry to read that you got a clone card. My 2 look exactly the same just with different S/N of course. The package boxes look the same as any pictures or videos I've seen. My old phone doesn't like Windows 8 so I can't post a pic. However I highly doubt they are anything but the genuine article.

DTV Shop is correct.

Let Us know how the replacement works out. Bad Card like ke4est says i agree with both.

You inspired me to try something tonight on a soon to be HTPC "What ever i can find sitting around"

I bought a usb receiver off aliexpress and had a lot of headaches getting it going also. Assuming it was a problem on my end, I updated to xp sp3 from sp2, added several .NET frameworks, added c++, etc… Finally I gave up and contacted tech support. After not getting a response I contacted the seller threatening to send it back. After several emails back and forth they sent me a different driver and software program. Once I installed the new driver everything finally started to work.

Let Us know how the replacement works out.

Also contacted TBS support & they replied to try seller first for RMA.

Received reply from seller "Sorry to hear about this. There is a contact email address printed outside of the package, which comes from the manufacturer for professional technical support and other services. Please contact them directly. If it proves to be defective finally, we guarantee to give you a new replacement or a refund according to your request. regards DTV SHop"

I will contact TBS support to get an RMA. So I'll have to send it to get a fault confirmation. I had hoped when I purchased these cards that they would work well. I was wrong. A 50% failure rate is horrible. Unfortunately I cannot leave a review of the product on my Canadian Amazon order to warn prospective buyers to beware.

Last edited:
I heard from seller today. I will ship card to DTV shop in Maryland USA (much better than overseas). They will ship replacement to me after minor verification.
Hi .. I had to do the same with a TBS-5925 and it still took almost 2 months.. The good thing is they do stand behind their warranty

After about 3 months it started to give problems with S2 ( intermittent locking ) eventually it refused to lock S2 !!! But ( I know But's stink ) it would do DVB-S great very good tuner for S ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)