AMIKO Saving longitude latitude settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
How do I save these settings on the amiko mini HD SE? I can input the numbers on the 1st 2 lines but they don't stick. Where
do I get the 3rd row of numbers?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I only have two lines to input numbers on my Amiko Mini HD SE. Local is set to Manual and below that I can input Local Longitude and Local Latitude? Which part of the menus are you in? Can you maybe post a screen shot?

Under installation/satellite guide there is latitude longitude and satellite longitude. Is there another place to save the info? I can't save it at this lication

Local longitude local latitude and satellite longitude are the actual names. How do you calculate?

Local longitude local latitude and satellite longitude are the actual names. How do you calculate?

Ok, I know what you mean now. Thought you were setting up usals in another part of the menus. Latitude and longitude refer to your physical location. You can get that from dishpointer.com - just enter your zip code and then zoom/scroll around the map until you are at the spot where your dish is set up. Satellite longitude is just the longitude of the sat you want to aim for. To enter these, type the number, press OK, then use down arrow to go to next field. Remember to press OK after entering each or it won't take it. That feature is an aid for people to figure out where to point a stationary dish and is not where you actually enter the info for usals when using a motorized setup.

Where do you enter the info for usals?

That's what i am trying to do

My motor at zero on the motor is on g28. Doesn't zero need to be on true south? My true south is 106 which is close to AMC 15. How do I trick the receiver into amc15 being south?

Where do you enter the info for usals?

Go to Installation, Satellite Installation. Select a KU satellite and enter your info for LNB, diseqc settings (if using), etc. Highlight Positioner and use left/right arrow keys to select Usals then press OK. On the next screen set Local to Manual then enter your Longitude/Latitude from dishpointer. You will need to select Usals as the Positioner setting for each KU sat you want to point but you only need to enter your longitude/latitude for the first one, it will carry over to the others.:)

I knew about usals on each sat. Yes I delete the wildfeeds after I watch. I see the locals. Is it w for longitude and n for latitude?

Will the longitude and latitude stay the same on each sat I choose? I'm setting up the motor before I put it on the dish. Dish comes today. Motor yesterday.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it

Will the longitude and latitude stay the same on each sat I choose? I'm setting up the motor before I put it on the dish. Dish comes today. Motor yesterday.

Yes, once you set the first one, just select Usals as Positioner for all other KU sats you want and longitude/latitude will carry over.

How do you do a master reset on the receiver?

How do you do a master reset on the receiver?

The only thing I see in the menus is System > Default Setting > Default Value. You should do a backup to a USB drive first just in case of problems (System > System Upgrade > Backup to USB > Backup to USB).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)