Amiko A3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, after reading and re-reading the directions a dozen times and doing it wrong just as many times, it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do right now.
It's downloading the recent update from the Amiko US site. I don't know how long to wait. Does it pop up a box to tell you the download is complete?

See? All you had to do was publicly let it know you were shipping it back, and it started looking like it's going to behave. Hang a baseball bat over on the wall above it, just so it'll keep it's motivation... lol

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Um, uh oh...

I think I fixed it...

senior-woman-confused-by-tablet-computer.jpg

Directions. How do they work?

To be honest, there are directions that tell you to go read other directions that tell you to go read other directions.
It's been quite the rabbit chase. The problem I had was not getting lost chasing down all the directions that are scattered about.
It was not easy, at least I didn't think so. But this isn't one of my (few) strong points.

For now it appears to boot properly without any error messages.
It downloaded the Amiko US rom and installed it.
I downloaded the US satellite list.
The Play store sees the proper US apps and not the European apps anymore.

As best as I can tell it appears to be working as it should be.
Tomorrow I'm going to connect it to a dish downstairs and see if I can watch Doctor Who over my WIFI LAN upstairs at my desk.
That would be most excellent ! I guess I need to figure out a way to get an ethernet wire from here to there.

Thank you guys, thank you Brian and thank you Joe, I could not have done it without you guys..

:)

Reactions: Titanium
A little update on my A3 adventures.

I switched cables around. The MicroHD downstairs was previously in control of the dish and my A3 was leeching via a 4x3 switch. The A3 could only see what the MicroHD was pointed at.
I'm still limited to the single motorized KU dish that I put up for my mom and dad several years ago, I haven't moved my dishes from my old house over here yet.

So anyway, I ran an RG11 from the A3 on my desk to the dish and put the A3 in command of the motor and now the MicroHD downstairs is in leech mode through the 4x3 switch.
Another thing I did was connect the audio of the A3 into my 5.1 stereo with the little optical laser wires. I'm watching Doctor Who right now at my desk and it's fantastic!
Now that it's at my desk and working properly I expect to play with it a lot more. It's been gathering dust for quite a few months.

At the moment I'm quite pleased with the A3. It's working perfectly. But boy howdy has the learning curve ever been a steep one !! WHEW! :rolleyes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts