AMIKO Amiko hd.265 vs Octagon SX88

Lanyu

Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
Augusta GA
Hey I'm looking for some advice on the what the main differences are between the two receivers.
I know a lot of people on here use the Amiko but couldn't find any info on the octagon.
I was originally looking at the octagon SF8008 but then though so I really need to spend all that could I suffice with one of these plus I've never used E2 before not that I would let that hold me back from getting a more future proof receiver.
Or is there something else I should take a look at I would have liked 2 tuners.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Titanium
The Amiko is a great receiver, especially for those who prefer a straight forward STB easy to operate. The SF8008 is in a different class of STB. The E2 based STB's offer a wide variety of options with a steeper learning curve. If you are looking for A 4K E2 STB look at the Edision OS MIO 4K. It is possible to add additional USB tuners to this STB. Including ATSC
Titanium Satellite - Store

How does the Amiko compare to the sx88 though similar size and price

The Edison is nice I've looked at it but its more than the SF8008 so not sure I could justify the extra $

How does the Amiko compare to the sx88 though similar size and price

The Edison is nice I've looked at it but its more than the SF8008 so not sure I could justify the extra $
I have never had an Octagon, but I have read some about them. The SX88 is dated and the Amiko is current with great support. All FTA receivers have their quirks so having support is a very good thing. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)