AMIKO Amiko Impulse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
Is there someone brave enough to order one of these from Europe and review?

Amiko_Impulse_SA_562e4acdc3015.jpg

What would one have to do, just program in US sats?

$45 not including shipping for the non-wifi model:

http://www.satmultimedia.tv/amiko-impulse-sat?lang=en

http://www.satmultimedia.tv/amiko-impulse-sat-wifi?lang=en

Reactions: madmadworld
Judging from the spec., it is an ALI chipset. Likely the new model replacing the mini HD SE with SCART connector for AV.

Install NA satellite list, change the resolution to 60hz (save as default) and use Edison AC/DC adapter or pin to blade plug adapter. For AV connection, use a SCART to RCA adapter.

Reactions: fred555
Wi-fi through USB. Function and screens are just like Mini HD SE. No issues observed with 125W-Ku reception, but haven't devoted enough time to fully check out everything.

Specs from box
SAM_6412.JPG

Impulse on left, Mini HD SE on right
SAM_6392.JPG

Impulse remote on bottom, Mini HD SE on top
SAM_6396.JPG
Impulse on top in the rest of the photos
SAM_6416.JPG SAM_6397.JPG SAM_6398.JPG SAM_6399.JPG

Power cable and adapter
SAM_6406.JPG SAM_6407.JPG

Does it have cascading diseqc control for 1.0 & 1.1?

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

Reading the tech specs, the Impulse supports FEC 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and Auto. Does this mean it can't receive the C band ABC with FEC 9/10 transmissions?

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

Reading the tech specs, the Impulse supports FEC 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and Auto. Does this mean it can't receive the C band ABC with FEC 9/10 transmissions?

Scanning C-band on 99W with the Impulse. Scan time on 99W-C was 3:00 flat. I didn't look at all scanned transponders or channels, but didn't see anything abnormal.
SAM_6447.JPG

9/10 FEC
SAM_6451.JPG SAM_6455.JPG

Screen photos of selection parameters
SAM_6457.JPG SAM_6458.JPG SAM_6459.JPG

Correction from previous post: The photo of the power supply I originally posted was incorrect. This is the power supply that was included with my Impulse, the other photo was the Mini HD SE power supply. Mini HD SE is 12V 2A input, the Impulse is 12V 1A input.
SAM_6463.JPG

Thanks Jason.

Does the clock have a "reference internet time" to ensure accurate time keeping? I've had too many receivers that don't keep time, making them useless as a timer based DVR to me.

Yes, just like any other receiver, though will lose it if power goes off or unplugged. Best to put it on a small UPS, if you record a lot.

Yes, just like any other receiver, though will lose it if power goes off or unplugged. Best to put it on a small UPS, if you record a lot.
Of the receivers I've had, the Micro HD and the Amiko MiniHD , both did not keep time. The Amiko lost time so fast it was completely unreliable for timer events.

My AZBox premium HD+ is keyed to Internet time, as is the Amiko A3. I never used the GeosatPro DVR 1200 enough to know if it kept time.

So, the time keeping is accurate on the Impulse. That's good to hear. Do you have one also, how do you know? Is this extrapolated from the Mine HD SE experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts