AMIKO Amiko MINI HD se observations.

No, thanks. I had plenty of issues with the MicroHD, including crapping out on me after 18 months. (Although, it could be the HD SE won't be any better.) The most insane thing, I think, about the MicroHD was taking it apart to download the satellite data. That's like pulling a car engine to chabge a spark plug. I think I did it 5 times.

Huh? I've owned a MicroHD since mid 2012, it's been my main receiver, and I've NEVER taken it apart to "download satellite data". I even bought a second one a bit later. I have no idea what that even means. I use a thumb drive to copy the file, and then edit it with my pc. That's in the RARE case I have to manually modify the userdb file. Can you enlighten me what you mean?

The ONLY real issue I have had is the time being a bit drift-ty..

Huh? I've owned a MicroHD since mid 2012, it's been my main receiver, and I've NEVER taken it apart to "download satellite data". I even bought a second one a bit later. I have no idea what that even means. I use a thumb drive to copy the file, and then edit it with my pc. That's in the RARE case I have to manually modify the userdb file. Can you enlighten me what you mean?

The ONLY real issue I have had is the time being a bit drift-ty..

Enlighten you?

I had to do it when it got into the "reeboot loop", as well as having to buy the wire to do it. I learned how to fix it on theis website.

Do a search. I don't appreciate your tone.

Enlighten you?

I had to do it when it got into the "reeboot loop", as well as having to buy the wire to do it. I learned how to fix it on theis website.

What tone? I just asked what you meant, haven't you ever had somebody use that word before? I didn't think you were talking about the boot-loop issue.

Enlighten:

: to shed light upon

What tone? I just asked what you meant, haven't you ever had somebody use that word before? I didn't think you were talking about the boot-loop issue.

Enlighten:

: to shed light upon

There you go again.

I actually do know what "enlighten" means. My degree is in engineering, but they did "learn" us a few words at the "U" back in the day.

Your message seems to imply that I either don't know what I am doing or making things up (never mind the MicroHD died on me after 18 months).

Is this because you have a financial stake in maintaining the MicroHD's reputation?

If you like the MicroHD so much why don't you send me yours? I'll use it for a month. If it performs "nearly flawlessly" as you say, I'll pay you full price. Or better yet, I'll swap my broken one for yours, even-up.

I do have time set on manual. When it's on "auto" it seems to do weird things. It was programmed to record on one of the more reliable channels, but we've had heavy cloud cover so tbat could be it.

If your channels are only "reliable", sounds like you should be trying to fix your dish first.

Reactions: . Raine
.... Getting back to the Mini HD SE, does anyone know when the next firmware update is coming out?
Can't give an exact date but it is being currently worked on. ;)

Enlighten you?

I actually did the same as Primestar31 and had a 'huh?' moment, after reading your post. If he didn't ask you what you'd meant, I would've. The boot-loop fix deal is a totally different thing from loading normal satellite data for day to day use, which is what I'd thought you meant and I believe is what he'd thought too and is why he'd asked you to elaborate. I don't think he was trying to be rude or anything, just didn't understand what you were trying to say, same as me.

I boot-looped my MicroHD 1 hr after I'd gotten it and had to do the boot-loop fix with the cable and all too, but it's been great ever since. Out of the six or seven receivers that I have, my MicroHD is the one I like best and is the least buggiest.

Deleting satellites that have channels too,
Unfavoriting a satellite did it for me twice but you can recover without the cable from that.

All receivers have their little quirks don't they? As long as I can watch TV I'm happy.

I read somewhere in this forum (forgot where) that a corrupt channel list in the Micro HD can cause the boot loop. So maybe that's why there was the misunderstanding.

It's just TV, and the stated purpose of this forum is 'MEMBERS HELPING MEMBERS GET MORE OUT OF THEIR ELECTRONICS'.

If you delete a satellite from the list in the receiver BEFORE deleting any scanned-in channels on that same sat, that is guaranteed to cause the boot-loop issue. There may be other ways it could happen, but that appears to be the way most people discovered to do it.

I thought egnard believed that he had to open the MicroHD and load/unload software using the ttl cable, from the way he phrased things. I was going to mention that he could do it with a thumbdrive, (thinking to help him) so I asked him to clarify his posting. Unfortunately, I used a $5.00 word, and he took it wrong.

For the record I DID NOT deliberately talk down to him, and I do NOT have any financial involvement with SatelliteAV or selling FTA equipment in general.

Can't give an exact date but it is being currently worked on. ;)
I understand the unpredictability of the timing of software releases (I am a software developer also). But I don't know the intended meaning of the 'wink smilie' at the end? My best guess is that there is something secret going on? Not gonna worry about it though.

Reactions: egnard
Oh just saying things ARE being worked on actively, guess the wink could have been taken two ways.

If you delete a satellite from the list in the receiver BEFORE deleting any scanned-in channels on that same sat, that is guaranteed to cause the boot-loop issue. There may be other ways it could happen, but that appears to be the way most people discovered to do it.

I thought egnard believed that he had to open the MicroHD and load/unload software using the ttl cable, from the way he phrased things. I was going to mention that he could do it with a thumbdrive, (thinking to help him) so I asked him to clarify his posting. Unfortunately, I used a $5.00 word, and he took it wrong.

For the record I DID NOT deliberately talk down to him, and I do NOT have any financial involvement with SatelliteAV or selling FTA equipment in general.

Primestar, I apologize for my apparent over-reaction.

All these manufacturers should have FAQs listed somewhere. I am frustrated that I should have to come to a forum full of ads that eat up my bandwidth, to get answers. These threads get off topic and often seem to turn into debates about their favorite product. So the only way to find answers is to go through many pages to find an answer. It would be nice if this forum had a thread for each device limited to known issues and remedies for that device. And perhaps only edited by certain people who would keep the thread on topic, who could glean the information from the other threads which could continue as they do now.

Again, my apologies.

Reactions: N6BY
One more feature I'd like to see implemented on the HD SE:

A way to lock the "Q" Meter ON for dish tuning. Very irritating to have to keep hitting the remote button to bring up the "Q" reading!

A way to lock the "Q" Meter ON for dish tuning. Very irritating to have to keep hitting the remote button to bring up the "Q" reading!
Press the info button twice then press the red button. Meter will now stay on screen until you exit. :)

Reactions: fred555

Bet you didn't expect to get answered that fast. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)