AMIKO AMIKO Mini HD SE USB Problem

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
I was recently gifted an Amiko Mini HD SE. This Amiko will not recognize a WD Passport HD connected to either USB port. All the other receiver functions are working normally. The receiver DOES recognize flash drives O.K.

I have another Amiko Mini HD SE that has been working perfectly with this same Passport drive for years. Just for kicks, I ran the disk repair function in Windows (auto repair enabled). There didn't seem to be any disk problems found.

When I received the gifted receiver, I did use a flash drive to copy the software from the original Amiko to the "new" one. So, both receivers should be running the same software version???

Unfortunately, I'm currently at my Nevada location and only have the one USB HD available for testing. (I do have both receivers with me.)

Any ideas why the Passport drive would work with one HD SE and not on the other?

On my Amiko there is a media tab that's not grayed out when a USB device is recognized. Further in is a disk manage star icon, which will show uda1: and the yellow button displays HDD information.

What is the drive format?

On my Amiko there is a media tab that's not grayed out when a USB device is recognized. Further in is a disk manage star icon, which will show uda1: and the yellow button displays HDD information.

What is the drive format?

Corrado: Thanks for the reply.

The media tab stays greyed out with the HD connected.
The media tab is not greyed out with a flash drive connected.
The media tab is not greyed out with a flash drive and HD connected, but the yellow button only shows format info for the flash drive.
(BTW: The HD is NTSF format.)

Is this external drive powered from a separate wall wart? It needs to be. I believe a Passport drive uses a laptop drive, so only needs .5 amp, and can run from the receivers usb port. The larger drive can't

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well my first thought is, it needs to be an externally powered USB drive. Some have gotten away with not doing that, but NOT recommended.
You have the same firmware, which was my next question.

Which version of the firmware are you running?

Corrado, primestar, & KE4EST:

The Passport drive is powered via the USB port. Works fine in one Amiko and not the other.

Latest Update Mar 21 2014
S/W Version 10000A00_1.0.54

So, apparently it's not something simple like an unselected menu item. Guess I'll try my other USB HD when I get back to Wisconsin in a few weeks.
(The other USB HD does use a wall wart PS.)