AMIKO Amiko Mini HD SE WebTV Feature?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
There are several streaming channels available with the WebTV feature provided on the Amiko Mini HD SE. The web addresses for the channels indicate they are streamed directly from the Amiko web site. There is also the option to add channel streams. Can these be added from web sites other than Amiko? If so, has anyone successfully done so? Is there a list somewhere of other streams that the Amiko Mini HD SE can play? Thanks!

I think it is Amiko only. Would have to verify with Joe.

I think it is Amiko only. Would have to verify with Joe.
Thanks ke4est - I'm thinking that myself. I remembered a list tonight on Lyngsat that has lots of old tv show streams. I just tried to add some and it says "Connect failed!". I'll message Joe if he doesn't post something about this.

There was some format that they said the streams have to be in for the mini to be able to play it back. I was going to investigate but it seemed like a pain to try and look for streams via format and then hope they were something you actually wanted to watch.

There was some format that they said the streams have to be in for the mini to be able to play it back. I was going to investigate but it seemed like a pain to try and look for streams via format and then hope they were something you actually wanted to watch.
Do you remember where you saw that about the stream format?

I'd suggest you use VLC on a computer to go through the feeds to find some working ones before you try to put them on your system. Glad to be of assistance where I can.

I'd suggest you use VLC on a computer to go through the feeds to find some working ones before you try to put them on your system. Glad to be of assistance where I can.
Definitely - Very annoying to enter web address with the remote and then have it not work.:confused: Thanks again!

Well, I tried the list with no luck. As drunk247 said, lots of dead links. One even tried to install a virus for Windows that takes over your system. Good thing I'm running Linux!:nana2Did find a couple more streams that play on another site but can't enter them on the Amiko Mini HD SE to try them since the amount of characters allowed for inputting a web address is limited. Guess I'm outta luck!:( Hope they add more channels at Amiko (hint hint).;) They also mentioned the possibility of VOD. Any progress on that? :what

Last edited:
Hello,
I am new to this forum and I just got AMICO HD 265 recently from EBAY. It seems to be WebTV Section is quite limited. IPTV list is missing... I was able to import some channels by usb stick(importing .txt file). Even for the some stupid reason receiver accepts only files named <WebTV List.txt> or <WebTV List.m3u>(I have no idea what developers of firmware were thinking by doing that!!!). What I need to do is to put file on my webserver and pull channels from there(using load from URL). But so, far i have no luck. I always got message "file not found" even I have see content of my file in my browser. Do you know what filename MINI HD 265 looking for ?
Any thoughts?

Hello,
I am new to this forum and I just got AMICO HD 265 recently from EBAY. It seems to be WebTV Section is quite limited. IPTV list is missing... I was able to import some channels by usb stick(importing .txt file). Even for the some stupid reason receiver accepts only files named <WebTV List.txt> or <WebTV List.m3u>(I have no idea what developers of firmware were thinking by doing that!!!). What I need to do is to put file on my webserver and pull channels from there(using load from URL). But so, far i have no luck. I always got message "file not found" even I have see content of my file in my browser. Do you know what filename MINI HD 265 looking for ?
Any thoughts?

There's also a whole forum for these receivers: Login

See my post in this thread:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)