Amiko SE HD - Edit satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I have tried to you Ali-editor and Media Box editor. I don't see an import setting for it in MBE, and ali-editor says the .abs file is an unrecognized bin file. I safely removed the USB after backing up the file?

Any thoughts? I don't understand why i cannot add/edit satellites on this STB through the menu.

Once you have your .abs file backed up on your flash drive, insert the flash drive into your computer.
Then start the alieditor, next go to File--> Open. Browse to your flash drive drive letter.
Change the file type at the bottom of the open window to Open Bin File(*.abs).
Then scroll till you see your .abs file then click to open it(or highlight it and click open--depends on your windows settings).
Next a box will pop-up that says default or user database, select user database then click OK.
Now up in the top left of your window you should see all services and favorite group.
Click the [+] beside services then click the [+] beside satellite information, this will show you the list of satellites.
If you are using the list that came with the receiver and you want to add a satellite, you will have to delete one of the ones that is already there or rename and existing one.
Anyway at this point right click on a Satellite to get a sub-menu to delete it or edit it or to insert a new one. Remember if you insert a new one remember to delete one of the others first.
This is because the Mini-HD can only have 64 sat positions.
You can also re-order your list from here if you wish.
When you are done if you want to save this in the same place on your flash drive(which you do so you can take it to your receiver) just go file and then save and it will over-write your exiting list.
Just make sure to have a couple back-ups. :)

I hope this helps.

The request for adding a satellite via the install menu was submitted to Amiko a few months ago . The function was there for the mini HD install menu, then went missing for the SE. :(

Do you mean MES?

Once you have your .abs file backed up on your flash drive, insert the flash drive into your computer.
Then start the alieditor, next go to File--> Open. Browse to your flash drive drive letter.
Change the file type at the bottom of the open window to Open Bin File(*.abs).
Then scroll till you see your .abs file then click to open it(or highlight it and click open--depends on your windows settings).
Next a box will pop-up that says default or user database, select user database then click OK.
Now up in the top left of your window you should see all services and favorite group.
Click the [+] beside services then click the [+] beside satellite information, this will show you the list of satellites.
If you are using the list that came with the receiver and you want to add a satellite, you will have to delete one of the ones that is already there or rename and existing one.
Anyway at this point right click on a Satellite to get a sub-menu to delete it or edit it or to insert a new one. Remember if you insert a new one remember to delete one of the others first.
This is because the Mini-HD can only have 64 sat positions.
You can also re-order your list from here if you wish.
When you are done if you want to save this in the same place on your flash drive(which you do so you can take it to your receiver) just go file and then save and it will over-write your exiting list.
Just make sure to have a couple back-ups. :)

I hope this helps.

Okay, i get BIN file unrecognized when i do that. What format method was the memory stick.

Mine is formatted FAT32 if that is what you mean.

Go HERE and click on Channel Editor to start the download.

Reactions: iBoston
Welcome Voh, what don't work?
The download link is still valid and the editor still works.
What are you trying to do?

woOWW!
How much agility ! I have a AZ f90 . I'm trying to organize the channels . Already used absorganizer and this the link above - alieditor .
Always appears the phrase : Unrecognized BIN FILE .

Might want to start a new thread. Not an Amiko STB.

Editor software typically only works with the model it was designed for editing. The .bin that your receiver uses is not supported by this software.

Not sure we will have much information for the AZAmerica. Don't often see this STB in North America as it is usually only sold in South America for hacking pay services.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)