An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I read a post by the unofficial spokesperson at another site seeming to claim that all this uproar was caused by the document that was posted here. (note I did NOT post the document)

Gee, Scott, I wonder who you could be talking about?

I believe the Unofficial Spoksperson didn't blame you, or this site, or that document but simply said that the part about 'subject to change' was omitted and that is what happened.

Little defensive no?

No, you sure DIDN'T post the document, you also didn't remove it when asked by D*. Right?

Instead of thinley vield comments about other admins, why don't you just come out swinging?

Yeah, i doubt this will stay up here, but I think it's a fair critisism nonetheless.

I am also getting tired of reading the "there are no problems here" posts from unofficial spokes people.

If DirecTV has something to say, they should say it themselves.

I read a post by the unofficial spokesperson at another site seeming to claim that all this uproar was caused by the document that was posted here. (note I did NOT post the document)

What the unofficial spokesperson did not comment on was how for the last week DirecTV CSR's were the ones spreading this information to callers. It was not SatelliteGuys nor the leaked document which got folks all riled up, but instead it was DirecTV instructing their CSR's to give out this information which caused this mess.

I should also note that I was the one who posted early last week that there were problems with the DirecTV 10 Satellite, it was the spokesperson and others there who jumped on me and said I was not reputable. (Oh no there is nothing wrong with the satellite... Almost sounds to me like... Oh No there are no Americans Here.

We will continue doing what we are doing, reporting what we hear, both the good and the bad. We are not here to kiss butt or make friends, we are here to provide YOU with the best satellite news talk and information.

Thank you to everyone who hung out with us today, we hope you will stick around and enjoy the difference that makes SatelliteGuys unique.

Sorry forgot to hit the quote button disregard last post.

This is great-- I couldnt of said it better myself

No more useless than everyone else and their info, pro or con for DirecTV. Geez, this is a web board on the net for gosh sakes. Rarely is anything you read here the 100% truth until AFTER something really takes place and then it is mearly reporting history. It is just as hilarious reading all the damn DirecTV this and screw DirecTV that, and why oh why can't they talk directly to me... crap posts. Rarely does any huge company give direct answers to the general public or to individuals for fear of violating some rules or laws, or by disseminating any forward looking info. They tend to deal in OFFICIAL mass releases only, and ONLY from the person or persons paid and authorized to do just that. You people need to get a grip on some minor realities of big business.

You can start by post or emailing me the actual legit DirecTV official release info on rollout dates. NOT any internal memos or supposed testing scenarios and training tools and such. And show me why all the damn crying over this crap.

Nope...your posts don't get deleted here. Check back in a year and your words will still be here.

Absolutely! In fact, go the archives and read about all the VOOM saga.

It's all still there and it's a great perspective on all of this D* stuff. All of this will get resolved. Maybe tonight....maybe in a week. I've waited a long time for this, and I can wait a little longer.

I'm certain DirecTV will be in business tomorrow.

I think you are right Scott........once the waiting is over man thats going to be a good day.

Just checked my account online & was mildly suprprised to see the following:

09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 HD Access $7.99 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 Sports HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 Cinemax HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 Starz HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 HD Access $-7.99 $0.00
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx - Payment - CCard $-200.71 $0.00
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx - Monthly Bill $0.00 $0.00
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 DIRECTV Protection Plan - Charge $5.99 $0.52
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 PREMIER - Charge $99.99 $0.00
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 HD Access $9.99 $0.00
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx0144 Leased Receiver $4.99 $0.43
09/07/2007 xxxxxxxx1102 NFL SUNDAY TICKET - Charge $45.80 $0.00

I'm thinking you were right on with the billing problem Scott!

I am not sure how their cookie may effect the link but when I click it takes me only to the main new HD page, but no announced dates. Can you do a screen cap? Like this one? And yep, a major billing issue would place things on hold in my book.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 141
Do you need the 5lnb dish to get the new channels??? or will the 3 lnb work with d-band?? I don't want to put up my new dish because it's way to hot outside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)