An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IF CSR's are telling you dates,They are Wrong, Just got a phone call from the CEO's Office,There are NO official dates untill the bugs are worked out. D* has no Idea on a date untill the D10 is working properly.Will Not Be TODAY! There will be a press release with in the next few days! She claims.

OK....Stupid question. If I am seeing zero signal on 103b, what should I do? I own my equipment and it is the slimline dish and the HR20.

If you are seeing zero signal on 103(b) but you are seeing something on 103(a), it's one of the following things:

• Bad BBC's.
  • Missing BBC's.
  • A Diplexer in the line.
  • Wrong model or defective multiswitch (if you have one).

If you are seeing nothing on either 103(a) or 103(b) it could be one of the above (nothing on 103(a) is actually normal for a few areas) or it could be that your receiver is set up for a 3 LNB dish rather than a 5 LNB.

IF CSR's are telling you dates,They are Wrong, Just got a phone call from the CEO's Office,There are NO official dates untill the bugs are worked out. D* has no Idea on a date untill the D10 is working properly.Will Not Be TODAY!
Whats with all the negative waves man?

Thanks. Can't believe people actually getting upset about this. Just comical to me. Better things in life to do than getting upset because a TV channel didn't come up.

I know what you mean. I have been watching these boards today just for the comedy. I think the television networks, should look here for a hit reality/comedy show for the fall lineup!

If they really thought it was fixed in a couple days, why not change the tier on the new HD channels and basically stick them in "free preview" mode until they get it worked out.

There's gotta be a little more to it than what they're saying.

Exactly! D* has lost all faith and credibility with me. sub since Feb 1996. I use to defend D* with their plan but now I can honestly say Dish Network delivers where D* just talks.

Exactly! D* has lost all faith and credibility with me. sub since Feb 1996. I use to defend D* with their plan but now I can honestly say Dish Network delivers where D* just talks.

No doubt, regardless of what directv ends up delivering, subs need to take a long hard look at whether or not they want to give their money to a company with this track record.

This does bring up a good point. Every employee assigned to PR "damage control" is one less employee who can be dedicated to working on the technical issues and getting them resolved. In most cases, these would be different "departments" but I'm sure there is also some overlap.
This would be a valid excuse in a small business, but DIRECTV isn't a small business (yet). I'm pretty sure that nobody that works in operations is answering phones right now.

I think DirecTV works like the health care industry. Really, they are only dissapointing maybe 1% of their customer base. MAYBE 1%. Probably much less. The rest of their subs have no idea. Remember the recent data that came out showing that less than half of ps3 and 360 owners even know their devices do HD? Much less even know what HD is? Ok, equate that with DTV. I know people who have HR-20's and H-20's in their house, and an HDTV, and they are using composite because that's what the "satellite guy" installed. I believe them. Ive seen installers who could care less and want to run to the next call.

So...give DTV a break. They don't care about us. They care about the 99.8% of their customer base who has no idea this is coming, and probably doesn't care that much.

That being said, I'm one of those that watches only HD stuff, and this is annoying to me to have to wait and keep waiting. But, I don't expect better from DTV. I expect to have to wait. They've never shown me in the past they care about their customers...so...why the expectation?

Don't get me wrong. I stand by D*. My favorite provider to date. I just get frustrated and don't understand why they woudn't come out and give a press conference and put all the speculation aside.

Mine appeared a week ago...

09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx8016 HD Access $7.66 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx8016 Sports HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx8016 Cinemax HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx8016 Starz HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/12/2007 xxxxxxxx8016 HD Access $-7.66 $0.00

This is exactly mine.

I just got a phone call From D* CEO's office about the letter I wrote them: They said we are having problems with the D10 Satellite,and they are going to be working around the clock to fix the problems. She said they are sorry for the Information the CSR's gave all the customers yesterday,But they were going to launch 30 HD channel this morning. She said when they came into work this morning they were all informed of the problems and that the HD will NOT be launched today. She couldn't give me a date of when ,but she also said that D* doesn't know either,Meanning its delayed untill the D10 is in proper working order.She said they are going to update the D* website with some new Info,and that within the next few Days, D* will have a Press Release on what the hell is going on. I was Impressed by the responce from D*. Though not what I wanted to hear,but better then what we've been hearing. Also NO One is grandfathered to the New HD Extrapack. We get it untill December for Free Then its $4.99 extra for Everyone,On top of the $9.99 HD access charge. I had a long talk with them for about 30 minutes. It pays to write a letter to the CEO's office. Lets wait for the press release and keep looking on Directv.com. And hope they get it worked out fast.

No doubt, regardless of what directv ends up delivering, subs need to take a long hard look at whether or not they want to give their money to a company with this track record.

You assume that most people don't already do that?

And the track record of the other providers is not spotless, either.

What's your agenda?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)