An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This would be a valid excuse in a small business, but DIRECTV isn't a small business (yet). I'm pretty sure that nobody that works in operations is answering phones right now.
But if someone in the "damage control" departments are to give out timely and accurate information to customers about the up-to-the-minute status, they need time and input from the people in operations who are trying to get things to work.

You are correct that this would be more pronounced in a small business -- especially where people wear several hats in the organization -- but it can occur in large businesses, too, albeit to a lesser degree.

I think its safe to say noone here knows whats going on!! Including myself.

She said when they came into work this morning they were all informed of the problems and that the HD will NOT be launched today. She couldn't give me a date of when ,but she also said that D* doesn't know either,Meanning its delayed untill the D10 is in proper working order.
I'm not sure that is the only reasonable interpretation. It may well be that the problem is on the ground.

What really is somewhat amusing to me is that D* has had plenty of time to work this problem out. They should NEVER have let their CSRs say one word about a date, EVER. It would have been better for the company and all concerned to just wake up one morning and they were there. As it is now a lot of people are bent, and D* winds up with egg all over their faces.

In the scheme of things it isn't that big a deal but it sure is taking a lot of their manpower to fend off call of "WHERE IS MY HD?"

I just spoke with CS. She told me today was the day for the roll out but its now being delayed. She said she didnt have any dates but to watch for it in the "next few days"....

:rolleyes:

I just got a phone call From D* CEO's office about the letter I wrote them: They said we are having problems with the D10 Satellite,and they are going to be working around the clock to fix the problems. She said they are sorry for the Information the CSR's gave all the customers yesterday,But they were going to launch 30 HD channel this morning. She said when they came into work this morning they were all informed of the problems and that the HD will NOT be launched today. She couldn't give me a date of when ,but she also said that D* doesn't know either,Meanning its delayed untill the D10 is in proper working order.She said they are going to update the D* website with some new Info,and that within the next few Days, D* will have a Press Release on what the hell is going on. I was Impressed by the responce from D*. Though not what I wanted to hear,but better then what we've been hearing. Also NO One is grandfathered to the New HD Extrapack. We get it untill December for Free Then its $4.99 extra for Everyone,On top of the $9.99 HD access charge. I had a long talk with them for about 30 minutes. It pays to write a letter to the CEO's office. Lets wait for the press release and keep looking on Directv.com. And hope they get it worked out fast.

WOW....that's way too to much money for the service

I guess we need to cut D* a break...This is their first satellite they have launched, first time for new programming and the first time they are offering HD channels. Oh wait it's not :rolleyes:

We get it untill December for Free Then its $4.99 extra for Everyone

FREE TILL DECEMBER!! sweet...um, probably wont get it till december

Boeing engineers have been working on a problem with Direct 10 since late Sat night, just for your info.

I'm not sure that is the only reasonable interpretation. It may well be that the problem is on the ground.
From what I gathered ,It is on the ground. The Satellite is fine ,I should have been more clear.She didn't want to get into too much because she wasn't sure what exactly the problem was. But From the little hints I got ,I'd say its a software or programming fluke.

From what I gathered ,It is on the ground. The Satellite is fine ,I should have been more clear.She didn't want to get into too much because she wasn't sure what exactly the problem was. But From the little hints I got ,I'd say its a software or programming fluke.

Well, we know that the satellite is not entirely fine, hence the press release about the spotbeam issues. Doubtful but not entirely out of the question that the delay is related to issues with the bird.

I do think that on-the-ground issues are the cause -- either with the MPEG4 encoders or the billing system.

Either way, it is a bit of a black eye for D* among those die-hards who frequent the various forums, not so much at this point with the majority of customers. If the delay turns out to be lengthy, things will be more problematic.

I am sure that we won't see CSRs authorized to give out dates any longer...and just as sure that people will bitch about that. ;)

If that is the case it is less of an excuse....it's not like that they don't have any HD programing at all now to practice with.

The only thig I can tell you is if you want to complain Write to Directv CEO's Office and wait for a responce. But untill then this is what Info I have.

Don't get me wrong. I stand by D*. My favorite provider to date. I just get frustrated and don't understand why they woudn't come out and give a press conference and put all the speculation aside.
I have to say i agree with you, I was so upset this morning it was hard for me to accept. But what came to mind i just orderd a new Sony tv and a new surround system hope there in time for the big day whenever that is.:)

But if someone in the "damage control" departments are to give out timely and accurate information to customers about the up-to-the-minute status, they need time and input from the people in operations who are trying to get things to work.
If something had happened to existing programming that caused millions to wonder what was going on, I could agree. Since nothing disappeared and most of the subscribers are probably not participating in countdown parties and otherwise making an event of the HD ramp-up, nobody should be particularly surprised.

The people that probably did the most damage here were the posters that kept needling the CSRs for launch updates and posting their various and sundry answers ad nauseum. I had the feeling before all this started, we were all on the same page regarding the incredibility of "forward looking statements" from CSRs but for some reason, all that went out the window with this non-event.

All this speculation is ridiculous. They should man up and just release a statement saying what the issue is and what we can expect. I hate when we have to assume what is wrong because a company won't let us in on what the problem is.

You are right, you have no life.
Grow up and stop your crying. My god man, all the problems in the world, and you have done nothing but cry from the get go on every one of these threads..Go out and have a beer, or 4. Sheesh:confused:

You are right, you have no life.
Grow up and stop your crying. My god man, all the problems in the world, and you have done nothing but cry from the get go on every one of these threads..Go out and have a beer, or 4. Sheesh:confused:

Yeah!

Oh.. How those Tiger's treatin' ya????? :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.