An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is GREED the cause for no new HD? Directv had to create some BS premium tier with channels we are already paying for and watching. Now they are trying to integrate it into the billing system and it's effed everything up including my bill. I was billed $30 total for my current HD package. 3x $9.99. I don't have any of those smaller amounts or -3.20 amounts. It's all jacked up apparently.

Is GREED the cause for no new HD? Directv had to create some BS premium tier with channels we are already paying for and watching. Now they are trying to integrate it into the billing system and it's effed everything up including my bill. I was billed $30 total for my current HD package. 3x $9.99. I don't have any of those smaller amounts or -3.20 amounts. It's all jacked up apparently.

No Mark... its just you they are greedy with! ;)

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree. Seems to me, after reading all of this, that if they had left the tiers out, they would have had a lot less headaches, yet they are trying to get another $5 a month and it is costing them a fortune in dollars and ill will.

I have to say i agree with you, I was so upset this morning it was hard for me to accept. But what came to mind i just orderd a new Sony tv and a new surround system hope there in time for the big day whenever that is.:)

Off Topic but, what kind of new Sony did you order? I'v got a KDS-60A2000 and it makes me smile :Devery time I walk through my living room. Do ask about the response I get from watching it.:p

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree. Seems to me, after reading all of this, that if they had left the tiers out, they would have had a lot less headaches, yet they are trying to get another $5 a month and it is costing them a fortune in dollars and ill will.

Again, people are making assumptions about the real reason for the delay. Which may be correct, but we don't know.

And there's definitely ill will among a vocal subset of customers -- but it is a small subset.

Don't see how it is costing them a fortune :confused:

It's true that the GLOOM & DOOM scenarios by some people iare foolish. As Scott G wrote in Multichannel News the other day - he was at a family gathering last weekend, many there were DirecTV subs, most had no clude about any of this in any real detail.

The number of folks at these forums as a percentage of total subs is truly small. We are the enthusiasts, the diehards, etc., but you better believe that the average Joe has NO clue about any of this.

That's why when I hear things like DirecTV will be in trouble (and I have heard the exact same thing from the exact same people over and over), I can only chuckle. They add net subs EVERY DAY.

Have many left DISH because Charlie said that they would have 2 new sats launched this year and we know that ain't gonna happen? I seriously doubt it. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Don't listen to DetFan... he's just mad his Tigers just got swept.

LOL, proves what you know about me. I am not mad at the Tigers getting swept, I gave up on this season 6 weeks ago, please spare me with your childish banter.
It is a great time to be a Detroit sports fan, where are you from?

This team through all the injuries this year, did great, they will definately be back next year. Now go find something else to complain about. Hahaha, genius.:up:up

I used to work 4 directv back in the mid 90's. There was only 2 million customer and the equipment cost you $1000. You had to install it yourself. Everything goes through the billing system once they add the package to the account it sends out a signal to your equipment to activate that package. If the billing system is working but the other system is not sending out the signal then thats a major problem. That means they cant add anything new to anyone's account

AHAHAHA
I jsut got a call from DTV saying that they are very close to launching up to 70 HD channels then it went to we show you dont have a BBC. Yet i do.

I spoke with an exec assistant this morning who told me what others have posted. The billing system is screwed up currently. Call and ask them or look at your billing online. Wait for the press release. You will see it's not assumption. Unless I was lied to earlier.

There is a difference between lies and mistakes. There's mucho chaos at D* today, as expected. I have heard conflicting things from different employees there. I don't think any of them are lying.

If they had just left the billing alone and dealt with it next spring when they always do it would be fine. They came out and said there would be no additional price increase right away. It seems they needed more money sooner than later.

I used to work 4 directv back in the mid 90's. There was only 2 million customer and the equipment cost you $1000. You had to install it yourself. Everything goes through the billing system once they add the package to the account it sends out a signal to your equipment to activate that package. If the billing system is working but the other system is not sending out the signal then thats a major problem. That means they cant add anything new to anyone's account

I just had them activate Cinemax and it showed up immediately on my account.

heh i jsut right now got a call from dtv saying that they are very close to launching new hd channels. Needed to make sure i had a bband. ( voice system )

It's true that the GLOOM & DOOM scenarios by some people iare foolish. As Scott G wrote in Multichannel News the other day - he was at a family gathering last weekend, many there were DirecTV subs, most had no clude about any of this in any real detail.

The number of folks at these forums as a percentage of total subs is truly small. We are the enthusiasts, the diehards, etc., but you better believe that the average Joe has NO clue about any of this.

That's why when I hear things like DirecTV will be in trouble (and I have heard the exact same thing from the exact same people over and over), I can only chuckle. They add net subs EVERY DAY.

Have many left DISH because Charlie said that they would have 2 new sats launched this year and we know that ain't gonna happen? I seriously doubt it. These things have a way of working themselves out.

I'm sure that's true but for the vast majority not having a clue the ones that do are sure flooding D* e-mail and phone lines that it's giving them a higher then normal volume and it's tying up the system. So we are larger then you might give credit to . Plus most have the advanced receivers, DVR's and HD packages that D* is so much trying to hold on to.

From what Scott posted before I am going with #2 and having issues putting the programming on accounts. I had an issue with my parent's account, HD Access was removed, not added back, so channels were out. Then got it added back & the system the next day added it back automatically, so got double charged, had to call and get it cancelled out. The HD Access did not appear in Programming list. Now it appears today.

My own account, just had the HD Access removed and added today under recent activity, but none of the Sports HD, Cinemax HD & Starz HD yet. I have Premier with HD Access. So I definitely think it's a problem getting this new programming put on everyone's account. Hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

Edit: I finally got Sports HD, Cinemax HD & Starz HD on my recent activity. About 8 hrs after the HD Access fees were put on & off my account. So I still think it was a programming error with accounts.

Last edited:
I just had them activate Cinemax and it showed up immediately on my account.

That's good at least they can still the SD channels. When they add the HD channels they will add on a package to your account wether your paying for it or not. This is how they know what channels you're suppose to have. Normally with a big lanuch like this the computers will do it automatically, apparently there not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts