Analog C-Band feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I know there is not much for analog on C-Band now, but is there analog feeds? or all digital?

I know there is not much for analog on C-Band now, but is there analog feeds? or all digital?

I think if your after feeds then your best bet is going to an FTA reciever and using your current equipment.

"I think if your after feeds then your best bet is going to an FTA reciever and using your current equipment."

Yes, this is what I am going to be using (just putting it all together now).

I am going to just use the old C-Band receiver as the "dish turner" and not even run RG6 to the receiver.
But if there was analog feeds I would split the cable from the single LNBF to run to both.

Theres about a dozen stations still on analog...mainly church & shopping channels

135W has QVC, HSN, C-Span 2
133W has Classic Arts, EWTN, ShopNBC, Inspirational
131W has C-Span
121W has Jewelry TV
99W has Shepherds Chapel

Quite a few syndicated feeds pop up in analog on T5 and G4 (4dtv designator) early in the morning.

i would run the wire

heck you are going to have it turned on, i would run the wire.
you find stuff, in the past month seen a MLB game or 2 .
fireworks the other night.

You will find feeds on both c/ku-band, anyone with a analog or 4d receiver should split so you can use both receivers, also if you have one wired to another room the kids can watch analog toons on G-16 while the wife watches something on dvb, while you wait for them to go shopping to play heehee.

if you like college football there was alot of games last fall on ku band alot more than c band

my experience with my uniden supra (analog receiver) is that there are alot less football games in analog now than there was just 3 years ago. When i first got back into fta about 5 years ago, just about every college football game and every NFL preseason game was on ku-analog. Now, there are very few if any at all nfl preseason on ku-analog, most have went to digital. There are still some college football on ku-analog. It seems from experience that most of the analog ku feeds are MAC games and some I-AA. Alot of your more "popular" college football teams and conferences are on ku digital, since most conferences have deals with ESPN or own conference networks such as the Big Ten network, or the mountain west network. In 2007, I watched every Univ. of Oregon football game on 123 degrees analog on the Oregon Sports Network, it was fun, because they were exciting to watch that year. Last year, I could not find them (Oregon Sports Network)anywhere though.....on analog or digital.

pokey pretty much hit it on the head....I got into FTA about 6 years ago and a LOT of games were on analog KU (both college and pre-season NFL)

lots of small college teams are on analog KU...also last year the.....damn it the name escapes me but it use to be Jefferson Pilot Sports...they did the SEC & ACC games...they still had analog KU feeds.....2 of each game (with different announcers)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)