analog channels left

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Anybody know if 131W still has any analog channels left? I found one on 135W, a shopping channel on ch10 but nothing on 99 or 131. Curious if my new lnbf works the way it should on c-band analog, and looked for c-span and weather channel with no luck.

I really would appreciate if somebody could check it today, I couldn't find either last night. The only channel I found last night was on 135 but I don't know if the lnbf is positioned correctly, on most satellites it gets both polarities in digital but I haven't scanned in anything west of 123 to check it. For awhile it was showing V when it meant H, lol. until I adjusted the lnbf again.

After some tweaking and searching all I can find in analog on c-band was a shopping channel on 135W. I suppose the weather channel finally pulled the plug, but I don't remember hearing anything about it.

135 "C4" both shopping channels still there,9 &10.
131 "C3" CSPAN 7 & TWC 13 still there.
99 "G4" Shepards Ch 16 still there.
I just checked these at 3:30 pm.Think you're not changing polarity or skew is off.

Thanks waylew, I killed two hours with this today, and learned nothing. Except that this lnbf thing I put on my big dish is coming off, and my polorotor is going back up. Really glad I didn't take the cable up that I had for it! I've turned it 7 ways to Sunday, trying to get the thing to work both polarities and it will, on about half the satellites in the arc, lol.
Thanks for checking for me.

Yes, in addition to setting up the receiver properly, remember that most LNBF s mount wrong.
They need to be rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks for the tips but yes I already changed the setting in the Setup for the analog box, it has 5 options. After further research, I learned #3 is supposed to be the correct one. It just says LNBF-Switched, but trying it only gave me one polarity. As Anole says, the position I haven't found yet must be the right one to give me both polarities.
I'm 90degrees to the moon or something-I'll drag out the power cord and tv to the dish this afternoon, suck up more ragweed and try some more!

edit: Success!, haha I rechecked the setting for LNBF, it had switched back to C/KU feedhorn on its own. Guess I didn't hit "ENTER" enough times when I changed it before.
The big plus after that was, checking the Satellite Format option, which determines if H=odd-numbered analog tps or the opposite of V-being the odd-numbered.
Once I switched the satellite format on the setup for 131 and 135, I'm getting all both shopping channels and the C=Span again. Golly it looks good too. I remove my curse of the lnbf. Thanks to Anole and waylew once again!

Last edited:
Always drives me nuts when I know I did it right,but I didn't. :D
Glad ya got it going.

LOL yep>and it was soooo much easier when it was analog. I'd forgotten just how great the video looked on the old GI650, even makes me want to look at the shopping channels!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts