Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Back in the day my family had a BUD. But not KU. If I want to add KU analog to my FTA system will the linear LNB we use for FTA work for analog KU?

What analog recievers are there out there that do KU? Will I need to search for an "experienced" reciever from the 80's for it?

Reason I am asking is that I am an auto racing and football fan and I have seen a few wildfeeds listed on the wildfeed areas that were analog KU. Might as well add that too while I am building...:D

Back in the day my family had a BUD. But not KU. If I want to add KU analog to my FTA system will the linear LNB we use for FTA work for analog KU?
yes it will.

What analog recievers are there out there that do KU? Will I need to search for an "experienced" reciever from the 80's for it?
most analog recievers from the C-Band days will work with KU also. I have 2 Toshiba TRX_1420's and a HTS System IV and love both

Reason I am asking is that I am an auto racing and football fan and I have seen a few wildfeeds listed on the wildfeed areas that were analog KU. Might as well add that too while I am building...:D

might as well and it doesnt take much to add it. Easiest way is to "slave" it off the digital box. The newer LNBF's the analog box cannot control polarity in most cases so the digital box controls polarity.

some sports feeds are still analog. The other night there were 6 College basketball games on analog

Cool, thanks Ice!
I know someone in my neighborhood that has a mesh BUD I know isn't being used, and IIRC they had Uniden equipment. SO I just might walk over there and ask. ya never know.

;)

Stogie dont hold your breath on getting any nascar feeds in the clear on analog. I haven't seen any in 2yrs or more. Most you might find would be the dumb cluck walking around the pits before the race, explaining WD40 or something lol. There are lots of other things to watch for on analog though, its def worth the effort to set up a rec. Like the avatar!!!!!!!
charles

Hey stogie, I have a GI super 350i if you want to borrow it to play around with. I'm not using it right now (haven't for awhile)
rdel

Thanks Rdel, I'll keep that in mind. I am going to try gettting that Uniden first....turbosat, I am a sportscar racing fan, formula 1 fan, Champcar fan...almost anything with wheels I'll watch race....except drag racing, that doesn't do much for me.... :D

...and I am the Only Maple Leaf Fan in Louisiana, I think...:haha

All the nascar stuff I saw last summer was digital HD, and since I dont have anything that does HD i dont even look for them any more.
charles

If this FTA works like I am hoping I am going to add a USB World Box for the HD and 4:2:2. My wife has a Athlon 64 3300+ laptop that I hope to use to drive the HD into my plasma.

nice knowing ya....

We'll send flowers to the grave-site.
Yours.

Steal your wifes laptop and there could be hell to pay :eek:

Specially if she's from New Orleans
Those cajun women will kill you for messing with their stuff:D :D :D

Naa she's a redneck ( by her own definition) from Mississippi.....but she's cool with it, she's all for more HD, however I have to get it. She doesn't use the laptop for work anyway, she uses it for playing games on the patio while I smoke....:) And I use it at night to talk with y'all. ;)

I think I am pretty danged lucky...she lets me do pretty much what I want as long as it doesn't cost TOO much...:D

All the nascar stuff I saw last summer was digital HD, and since I dont have anything that does HD i dont even look for them any more.
charles

A PCI DVB-S card in a 3.0 ghz computer will do digital HD , if it is in the clear .

Wyr

Naa she's a redneck ( by her own definition) from Mississippi.....but she's cool with it, she's all for more HD, however I have to get it. She doesn't use the laptop for work anyway, she uses it for playing games on the patio while I smoke....:) And I use it at night to talk with y'all. ;)

I think I am pretty danged lucky...she lets me do pretty much what I want as long as it doesn't cost TOO much...:D

This MEANS He is GOING TO, OR HAS bought her a NEW LAPTOP!!!!!!!! LOL :D

BryanSR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)