Analog Nick Is Gone !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

somery

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Pasadena, TX
BooHOO. 4dtv coming sooner that i thought :) I have been looking forward to Nick G+S forever now, because i used to love Double Dare, just to find out they went Ku :( :(

Yes it want me much longer before it is all gone.

Spike is gone too and E! has a black screen stating they are going digital....but NPS is reuplinking all of them so it isn't going away forever. Just a while.

Keep in mind all analog will be gone probably by the end of this year, I am sure most if not all will be on 4dtv.

Anyone with 4dtv that only has c-band needs ku-band also, and with a dvb receiver slaved to 4dtv still makes big dish the best system around, small upgrades is all that needs to be done.

I have c/ku 4dtv/dvb and am very happy with my subs and my free programming, always way to much on to even watch, I also have a 1.1 meter ku-band only system to play with when others are watching 4dtv, I may grab another 4dtv to slave to the ku system on the 32" tv and get some HITS subs on that for the basement.

BooHOO. 4dtv coming sooner that i thought :) I have been looking forward to Nick G+S forever now, because i used to love Double Dare, just to find out they went Ku :( :(

If your dish is solid or small hole mesh / perferated , not that big a deal to add Ku .

I have been told .

Wyr

Does anyone Know where Nick @ NIte has gone on 4DTV ?
ps, I've recently added Ku to my expanded metal C-Band only dish. it's not all that difficult. Just make sure you aim at a good Ku sat (x4) to start with.

Right now is is gone for backyard dish owners. It is up there in megapipe DC II format for cable. NPS says there going to reuplink it once they get things straighted out with Viacom (the owners of Nick)

Hi tvropro, like the name :) I don't recongnize you from around these parts. Are you from the 4dtv forum? Nice avatar too.

Not only Viacom, ABC/Disney also has turned there back on us. We are in a changing time, one can just hope for the best. At least we can still get Showtime and most of the MTV mux over on X4 via Comcast's HITS.

I was boo hooing now I'm just angry. I renewed my subscription for 6 more months with NPS for absolute digital, having no idea this was going on. They never said anything, just took my $150.00 and a few days later everything we watch was gone. NPS hasn't answered their phone since.

I have a 4DTV reciever and just spent more money to buy a c/ku LNB. I do not have a "DVB", and I don't know what that even stands for. Will I need it? My understanding is that most of the channels moved to X4. Does anyone know if I will get the channels that moved since I paid for them? Again I would ask NPS but apparently they are hiding from their customers.

If you have Ku-band the channels should be on G-16 (X4) some are still being worked on, you can try a online rehit off there website if you are not getting the channels on X4.

I don't think they would purposely "hide". If channels dropped or moved, it isn't their fault, seriously. They have multiple numbers to be reached by. Try one or more of the following:
1800-625-7961
1888-214-DISH
1800-444-3474
1800-786-9677

The way I feel about this transistion in the satellite world, If Viacom, ABC/Disney, or which ever program provider does not want to offer me their programming via my big dish, then I won't subscribe. I refuse to buy overpriced under quality cable tv or pay the high prices of the so called "free" pizza dishes.

It will be FTA or HD over the air for me-Period.

But on the other hand...If they offer me programming for subscription, I will buy it.

Sometimes I think it's good for people to get away from the usual subscription based couch potatoe cable programming. There is a lot more out there than the mainstream media brainwashing programs.

I agree, that's why I have a satellite and not cable. But there are not a lot of offerings for children on FTA. I am subscribed to what is offered but its ALL slowly disappearing. Thank goodness she likes to read, but occassionally she does like to veg out on the couch.

The way I feel about this transistion in the satellite world, If Viacom, ABC/Disney, or which ever program provider does not want to offer me their programming via my big dish, then I won't subscribe. I refuse to buy overpriced under quality cable tv or pay the high prices of the so called "free" pizza dishes.

It will be FTA or HD over the air for me-Period.

But on the other hand...If they offer me programming for subscription, I will buy it.

Sometimes I think it's good for people to get away from the usual subscription based couch potatoe cable programming. There is a lot more out there than the mainstream media brainwashing programs.

I totally agree. FTA has so much to offer and is free. But if something I like I can subscribe to I do. You do miss some channels they take from us at first but get over them.

Very true guys. I am easily pleased with whats out there. I am loving every minute of whats left. I am a subscriber through both skyvision and NPS, because NPS has that whole TBS/TNT/CNN Turner package exclusively. I think its cool that channels like Hallmark and Court tv are available in small packages, but with Dish Network, you need the AT250 package, which costs what 49.99 or something? Geez. Plus they are including such channels as Jewlery Tv when don't we get that for free?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)