Analog receiver dead . . .can a GBox type device change polarity and position my C-Band Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

warnerwlf98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Northern AZ
Hi,

I got a double whammy this morning. My desktop computer was hit with keylogger trojan, and my analog receiver died. That 20 year old receiver was doing the dish positioning plus the polarity changing for my SSO. Now I need a replacement - can a GBox type device control polarity AND position the dish? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go the new analog receiver route. I don't think I'm capable enough to replace my feedhorn.

I'd bet if you can find another analog receiver to replace your dead one you'll get another 20 years out of it also, I seriously doubt if the new dish moving boxes will last that long, now I could be wrong but they don't make them like they used to. Myself I'm still using a 920 ,450i and 350i to move my FTA dishes. Good luck hunting

The bad part is that I found an analog receiver at a garage sale about 9 years ago for about 10 bucks, but I had no room for it, so 3 years after I bought it, I got rid of it. I knew it would come in handy for a time like this, but the equipment gods aren't smiling on me recently.

Maybe you'll luck out here on the forum and someone just might have one their not using anymore.

Hi, a Pansat 3500 SD digital receiver can control the polarity. So with it plus a Gbox you would be all set for digital SD FTA. Later, DC

I am eventually going to have the same problem that Werner has.
I am using a Chapparal Corotor II Plus(new), a Uniden pusher
and the Openbox. I am to much of a novice installer to ever get
an LNBF adjusted besides the loss of $150 to junk the Chapparal.
Even if my Remote for the Uniden goes I am in trouble. Analog
receivers are getting harder to find. The only ones I have seen
advertized are from China and that worries me.

There was a discussion few years back of how useful a Gbox with polarity servo control might be.
Sadly, the crappy economy killed that idea.
There were even some discussions of building your own controller.
One or more members did. (if you need help searching for the info, we will point to it)

Hi, a Pansat 3500 SD digital receiver can control the polarity.
I'd totally forgotten about these!
Also, the 2700, but not the 2800 had servo polarity control.

You might check the Classified section.
Linuxman is distributing a lot of his favorite toys, so PM him and ask.
edit: may have the Gbox, too. ;)

Any chance the Pansat 250sm might have servo polarity control?
I have one that is replaced by the Openbox.

shankle, I found a manual for the 250SM on the 'net, and from looking at the back panel it doesn't look like it has servo-controlling capability. The units that will control servos have some 5V springclip or screw terminal lugs to attach the servo control wires.

If he did he doesn't now.
Said if I could get 1000 people that wanted one he would make them.
Not a chance in the world I can do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts