Analog Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vanalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Northeast Indiana
I found a feed I wanted tonight on analog and pulled out the old Echostar 500. I had not tried this unit since I acquired it. I hook it to the TV by coax and turn it on. It fires up and I look at snow. I have 3 buttons to choose from other than the power button that turned it on. "Mode", "up" and "down". I push mode and get "[Not on Sat]" in the upper left corner, "CH 20" with "VNR" below the ch20 in the upper right corner. The bottom displays the volume and the up and down arrows move the volume. The received is hooked straight to the Invacom quad linear port on Ku as I was watching ONN earlier and now so I know there is a signal. I have no instruction manual and no remote control.

Seen a bunch of analog boxes from the good ol days but I don't remember that one.
Does it have KU capability? Should be an input on back for ku lnb if it does. Though there were some receivers that did both c and ku from only one IF input.

It has two input "Port A" and "Port B" both have 13/18v and 250MA. On the bottom below the inputs it says "down converter IF Inputs". It says nothing about C/Ku. I don't have C-band right now so I cannot hook C-band to it.

That sounds like a receiver that is C-band only, one of the earlier ones that used a
downconverter and lna, instead of the later models of lnbs which are lna and downconverter in one unit. I'd start looking around for another analog rec, as that one sounds like it doesn't do ku and C both.

Well it looks like I will be looking for "new" analog receiver. I did find a remote for $123.95, that's not happening. I did look at the receiver again for my own sanity and it does say 500. Thanks for the assistance. I just bought a motor so you may be hearing from me again soon. I have been lurking and reading for a long time. 25 post in 4 years, I will be catching Iceberg soon.

Dan.

that one doesn't show a remote ( so i guess you could ask ) and be sure it came with a remote.

I have a Nextwave NCC500 if interested... its NIB just PM me if interested

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts