Analog

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
I hear the term used here somtimes. Is it C-band ? I have a analog receiver it is a GI 450 with remote. Can I get analog on my 1.2 meter mini bud ? :confused:

analog can be both C or KU Band
yes you can get analog with the GI450

analog is what most of C-Band (and KU for that matter) was for broadcasting. VCII was the scrambling of analog programming

The big benefit was the best picture out there (it was beautiful) and there were no symbol rates. Channels were in 20Mhz segments so scanning was easy. Change channel to find programming

the cons
-you used the WHOLE transponder and there were only 24 C-Band and 32 KU Band TP's per satellite
-it was one channel per TP

Now a days with digital that same transponder can have one HD feed or 17-18 SD channels like what Equity was. Digital allows broadcasters to use part of the TP or all of it. Most TP's are broken into 6 parts and a broadcaster can use 1/6 of it or the whole thing (or anything in between)

Digital gives much more flexibility

not much left on analog C-Band...listed is satellite, channel, polarity
101 16 H PBS
99 16 V Shepherds Chapel
131 7 V CSPAN
133 5 H Classic Arts
133 11 H EWTN
133 12 V ShopNBC
133 17 H Inspiration
135 9 V QVC
135 10 H HSN

The pre-scrambling analog days were the glory days for C-band.
Everything that there was on cable (or off) was on the birds and it was all open.
It was "the discovery days" for enthusiasts and tinkerers.
Feeds-backhauls-sports. (and for those who cared, movies)
What fun it was.

digital sucks

Thank guys I will try to get it to work. I noticed some nfl games on analog I just wish CFB was on it too. I do not have a hd box yet but I am working on it.

P.S. Lucky me I have my 1.2 pointed at 99 already so just need to hook it up and see if it works. I will have wait till the wife get home just me and the kids here now....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts