Analyzer signal photos wanted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
An engineer at work asked if a satellite signal is flat and wanted to know if I ever looked at the output of an LNB with an analyzer. I had to say no, because I never used an analyzer to look at a satellite signal and didn't know if the signal was flat. He is working on a new satellite equalizer PC board.

Does anyone have a photo they could share showing a satellite signal using an analyzer?

What signal are they interested in? I can post a scan from my Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer.

Analog signals tend to look like a pyramid, with a pointy top. Digital signals tend to have a flat top with rounded corners.

The first photo is of two analog signals that I caught on Galaxy 19 back in the spring.

The second is a capture on Galaxy 16, showing one analog to the left of center. The rest there are digital signals. The sweep in the second image is right to left. It's the same image as my avatar.

IMG_1125.jpgIMG_0927.jpg

Analog signals tend to look like a pyramid, with a pointy top. Digital signals tend to have a flat top with rounded corners.

The first photo is of two analog signals that I caught on Galaxy 19 back in the spring.

The second is a capture on Galaxy 16, showing one analog to the left of center. The rest there are digital signals. The sweep in the second image is right to left. It's the same image as my avatar.

View attachment 71117View attachment 71118

Excellent! Just what I needed. Thank you very much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)