And now Al Gore is suing Al Jazeera America.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
It looks like it would have been better for Al Jazeera America to never have been launched.

Pathetic near to none ratings, Directv recently sued them, now Al Gore is suing them also.

They´ve let go staff already, a few others jumped ship before, I think their cameras were taken away in the Missouri riots.

They had a good thing going on with AJE, but those Qataris had to screw things up.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/15/guess-who-al-gore-is-suing/

Reactions: jorgek and Dee_Ann
Al Jazeera English went scrambled, because they had this "great idea" about launching a different thing Al Jazeera America which has been less than zero. (or al ja-zero ratings in this case).

Did Al take equity and not cash in the sale of Current TV?

If he took cash, I don't know what he has to be angered about since he was probably laughing all the way to the bank on the sale.

Before Al Gore brought this channel used to be CBC World News and he sure ruined it. Current's programings was pretty bad since Al Gore dropped the CBC World news programings and that's a shame.:crying

So it got worse when Al Gore took it, and even worse when Al Jazeera bought it from him.

Did Al take equity and not cash in the sale of Current TV?

When big businesses and trust fund Richie Riches like algore sell on-going business operations, a %age is held back by a bank, acting as trustee, to cover stuff like pending lawsuits, workers comp, bills incurred by the previous owner that were late in coming or unpaid, hidden damage, and so on. After a period of time the parties agree that whatever has happened has happened and jointly tell the bank to release the funds. If they cannot agree, then they go to court.

In this case 8% of algore and his partners' money was paid to the trustee bank. In this case the dispute relates to the buyers claims that algore's representations of the "ironclad" contracts with different cable companies were not really "ironclad" and they had to go out an pay to get on the systems like they were a new channel, and thus they were, in their opinion, cheated. They want the money, and algore wants the money. So now a court will decide.

As to the channel generally, it is better now than when it was under algore, but still fundamentally worthless.

"ironclad" contracts with different cable companies were not really "ironclad" and they had to go out an pay to get on the systems like they were a new channel, and thus they were, in their opinion, cheated.

LoL! Sounds like one of those 'get rich quick' vending machine scams.

((((Scammer pays a generous price to businesses to let them install vending machines for a 2-month period. Then the scammer sells the vending route to some unsuspecting person at a enormous markup. Buyer then finds out about the agreement with the businesses after the sale.))))

Last edited:
Now, I am wondering CBC News World how much they got from Al Gore's money? Do Canadian Gov't used to own this channel or was re contracted with some was else by rebroadcasting the CBC News World?:reading

Just wondering.:)

Don´t know how that story goes, maybe CBC News World went away but there is now CBC News Network, which I watch every now and then.

I am surprised that Al Gore did not take credit for starting Al Jazeera...? I mean he did invent the internet, and discover global warming...:facepalm

Ahhhh! :computerwindow

Reactions: dougruss
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts