Android App Not Working?

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
My android app hasn't been working all afternoon today. Our Dish Online account works fine on the laptop but when I run the droid app it takes a long time logging in and then it hangs on a screen that says 'Getting receivers'. I've re-booted the phone, re-installed the app and tried it using 3G and WiFi and it still doesn't work. Anybody else having problems today? Thanks.

From your home screen go to Settings > Developer Options and ensure “Do Not Keep activities” is unchecked.

There is not a >Developer Options from the settings menu but there is a Settings>Applications>Development but no option like you mentioned.

We tried with a family member's droid phone and another's droid tablet and they all did the same thing. I use Dish Online often and it almost always worked good until today.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Matt.

Last edited:
My android app hasn't been working all afternoon today. Our Dish Online account works fine on the laptop but when I run the droid app it takes a long time logging in and then it hangs on a screen that says 'Getting receivers'. I've re-booted the phone, re-installed the app and tried it using 3G and WiFi and it still doesn't work. Anybody else having problems today? Thanks.

Having the same use on my gs3

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using SatelliteGuys

Having the same use on my gs3

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using SatelliteGuys

I'm guessing you meant 'the same issue' and if so, Thank You. Now we can hope Dish figures it out and fixes it quickly and I can quit troubleshooting on this end.

I have a Galaxy II and Dish network Apps are working fine on my phone. I quess you are talking about using the phone as a remote control and TV guide information.

There was an issue that started last night affecting some accounts apparently, and it was causing dvr contents not to load, among other things. It was affecting my DRA but not dishonline.com. It sounds like he's still having the issue and I'd recommend letting dish know and one of their reps can escalate the issue to the right people since this isn't affecting everyone.

I have a Galaxy II and Dish network Apps are working fine on my phone. I quess you are talking about using the phone as a remote control and TV guide information.

When I run the droid app it takes a long time logging in and then it hangs on a screen that says 'Getting receivers'. Eventually it gives a timeout message. That's it. No menus or anything else works at this point. The only thing you can do is quit out and kill the app.

What version of the app are you running?

The latest from the Google Play store, I think it's dated Aug 2012. I just provided the receiver ID and account number so we'll see what happens.

Got to get to work... Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)