Android Free Remote Access App on a 722

meinken

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Atlanta
I'm confused. I don't have the sling adapter but I do have a slingbox attached to my dish receiver. The free android app works for me. Is it meant to work with any slingbox, or did I just luck out?

Good question. I have a 7" Android based tablet that I am anxious to try it on with my Slingbox. I will let you know when I return home this weekend.

downloaded that app to try it out and to my surprise they finally added dish Latino max hd channels to remote access :). When i had 250 i would use remote access on my computer all the time but when we moved to the Latino package the 5300 channels were missing so i could not really use it for anything so i kind of forgot about it, thanks for the heads up on the app. Having it on my phone is much better. Works great, like the ability to manage dvr as well, don't have sling box so cant watch tv, but everything else works nicely.

downloaded that app to try it out and to my surprise they finally added dish Latino max hd channels to remote access :). When i had 250 i would use remote access on my computer all the time but when we moved to the Latino package the 5300 channels were missing so i could not really use it for anything so i kind of forgot about it, thanks for the heads up on the app. Having it on my phone is much better. Works great, like the ability to manage dvr as well, don't have sling box so cant watch tv, but everything else works nicely.

Holy crap. They finally fixed my problem with my OTA locals being a couple hours off in the evening!

SlingPlayer Mobile

When I go to the Android Market the SlingPlayer Mobile is $29.99. Where is the free app?

Thank you! I just bought another 50 feet of CAT-5 on Saturday, so the 722k is now connected via broadband. Now I just need to order the Sling Adapter. I was sort of hoping that some other retailer would have it for $89 with free shipping on Black Friday, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but (1) I couldn't wait either and (2) Dish offers free 2nd day shipping. Of course it's taking 4 days due to teh weekend...

I have the BlackBerry app, but it's worthless because it doesn't let me log in. I'm using my Dish Network login, and it always says unable to connect.

digiblur said:
Yes it does work with any sling adapter that is paired to it using the settings on the site. Works great here.

How did you get the pairing to work? I log in to dish online, go to my account and click "connect a slingbox". Then put in my sling account details, click connect and nothing happens. Tried with different browsers, same thing. What am I doing wrong??

I'm confused. I don't have the sling adapter but I do have a slingbox attached to my dish receiver. The free android app works for me. Is it meant to work with any slingbox, or did I just luck out?

I'm even more confused. I just got a 722K yesterday and hooked my Slingbox solo up to it with the component cables. I can control the DVR and change channels with the Android App but if I try the Android Remote Access app to watch on my phone, it just hangs at "connecting" to the sat box. Did you connect your Slingbox to your 722 with the USB cable to get it to work?

With a newly released, hot product, exclusive to Dish like this, I'd be surprised to see much discounting on it for a bit. I'm enjoying mine, but finding operation a bit quirky, especially from the Droid app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts