Android News: Flash 10.1, Speech Translation, and Gingerbread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Android News: Flash 10.1, Speech Translation, and Gingerbread

Three bits of news for you Android enthusiasts out there:
- Flash Player 10.1 is coming to Android devices. But ONLY to those running OS 2.1 and above. Adobe said their long awaited 10.1 update will hit desktops and smartphones in the "first half" of this year, according to Gizmodo. But Android users are gonna gotta get 2.1 or better to run it because Android 2.0 and lower doesn't provide Adobe the under-the-hood tools they need to make Flash 10.1 go. Ah, yes, the joys of Android OS version splintering never stop! Oh, and when it hits, Flash 10.1 will roll out to Android users via over the air updates.
- Apparently Google's Android naming scheme is based not only on dessert names, but also on alphabetical order: Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo ... and next comes ... Gingerbread!
- Next up for Google mobile devices? Speech-to-speech translation. Seriously, that's like science fiction stuff, a handheld computer that can listen to you speak French and re-speak it to me in English, and vice-versa. Crazy.

What this means of course is that Flash is currently limited to the Nexus and the Moto Droid (which begins the roll-out tomorrow).

another two to three weeks and I can go back to my droid!!! (I have a tour activated right now and sit here with my droid on wifi playing with it while its not active on my account) I will activate it seems and get a bunch of updates (unless system updates come through wifi also which I doubt they will)

another two to three weeks and I can go back to my droid!!! (I have a tour activated right now and sit here with my droid on wifi playing with it while its not active on my account) I will activate it seems and get a bunch of updates (unless system updates come through wifi also which I doubt they will)

What the heck are you doing with a tour? You slut. :) No wonder you have been so quiet.

You could root it, but you won't get 2.1 without a OTA update.

I have about 2 projects at work and both guys use blackberry messenger as a way to communicate instead of fighting it I just activated my blackberry.....but I miss my droid...this phone rocks! And that says a lot as I am usuually bored with a phone by now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)