Android OS 2.2 FROYO

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Anyone know when this has been rumored to come out?

I haven't seen a date attached to the rumour but June is often mentioned.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have some sort of beta available tomorrow...

My guess would be around Apple's next phone announcement to spoil the party...

Diogen.

Last edited:
Keep an eye opened later today, Google's I/O conference is today and tomorrow. It's been rumored that this event will unveil the new Android during the keynote address... 9am PDT, 12 noon EDT... perhaps we'll get more info then. And get some more concrete information on new features, such as Flash 10.1 support.

ed (a little more infomation here: Android 2.2 Boasts 450% Performance Boost, Tethering, WiFi Hotspot - Mobile and Wireless from eWeek)
God I hope they announce either A: New Android devices on AT&T, or B: N1 price reduction, which would make sense with the Incredible and EVO being available at less than half with a new contract..

Last edited:
I suspect it will be end of summer before it makes it to Verizon, but once 2.2 gets into the wild, there will be custom roms out, and that is the day when I will go root. :)

I suspect it will be end of summer before it makes it to Verizon, but once 2.2 gets into the wild, there will be custom roms out, and that is the day when I will go root. :)
I can guarantee you it will be on my phones before the end of summer!!!!:D If you need help rooting there are a lot of vid's out there or i can help walk you through it! When the time come just give me a call if you need help!:up

Well, whenever the Droid gets it, you can expect that us Nexus One users will already be using it. ;-)

I agree, but this suggests there won't be the same lag as there was with 2.1

PLUS, I expect as soon as it is in the wild, it will be modded, and then rooted droid users will have it too.

I can wait until June to see what happens. But this is far more exciting that 2.1. :)

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

New reports say Nexus One will get froyo in a "few weeks" - which means that once it is in the wild, those roms will come soon thereafter. I don't know how much stock I am putting in Moto/Verizon sending OTA updates to the Droid immediately afterwards. Might just jump ship to Cyanogen or Bugless beast once the froyo roms hit. We'll see.

Just can't wait to see speed comparisons side by side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)