Android OS 2.2 FROYO

Doesn't work on mine. :(

Status 7 error. Looks like not just me.
Some claim the update is for T-Mo handsets only.

Diogen.

First Photos of Motorola Droid Running Android 2.2

Android 2.2 on the Motorola Droid is a beautiful sight. From the source, these pics are the “real deal” and the first photos we’ve seen of Froyo running on the Motorola Droid. (Not. Fair.) We’re also told that they have no plans on releasing this as a ROM. (Too. Bad.)
The timeline for release is still completely up in the air, but now that we’ve seen it up and running on our baby, maybe we aren’t as far off as we had imagined.

Android 2.2 on the Motorola Droid is a beautiful sight. From the source, these pics are the “real deal” and the first photos we’ve seen of Froyo running on the Motorola Droid. (Not. Fair.) We’re also told that they have no plans on releasing this as a ROM. (Too. Bad.)
The timeline for release is still completely up in the air, but now that we’ve seen it up and running on our baby, maybe we aren’t as far off as we had imagined.

Those photos also suggest that the wifi tether is disabled. I am thinking rooted will be the way to go for 2.2.

Man I'd like some Froyo. :)

Yea i believe you are right! I have used tether for my cousins * phone!!:D:up

I am not convinced that everything Droid Life reports is necessarily true. Kellex is dedicated to the cause, but kind of new to the internet reporting of technology company stuff; and will report anything given to him. Not always a lot of vetting of issues before going public with them, nor the same depth of industry contacts that Scott has in the satellite industry. Those photos could have easily been photoshoped, or somebody with a lot of time on their hands could have mocked it up. Who knows?

But I figure once 2.2 really gets into the wild, Cyanogen and Bugless Beast will be all over it, and provide some custom roms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)