Android vs Apple World Wide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
An interesting article.
Clear your Bloomberg cookie if you have exceeded your monthly views to reset the counter.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

upload_2019-8-6_11-4-44.png

upload_2019-8-6_11-3-45.png

Interesting that the "Steve Jobs Distortion Field" seems strongest in many of the English language countries. Japan seems to be bucking the trend by not embracing Android.

I can't get over how the survey can conclude that so many countries have more cell phones than people.

Perhaps the Japanese appreciate the "art" of Apple over the utility of Android.

Reactions: Foxbat
Interesting that the "Steve Jobs Distortion Field" seems strongest in many of the English language countries. Japan seems to be bucking the trend by not embracing Android.

I'm thinking it was the early adapter "sticky" phenomena . Two advanced economies with customer money available to jump into the only "new" technology. And, like tv or your parking spot, you resist changing in the future once you have it.

The one thing the chart does not show is that Apple's share, according to recent statistics, is shrinking. 2019 first quarter numbers vs last year indicate Apple is down from 10% in Canada to a high of 19% down in Portugal. Maybe folks are deciding the value isn't there in a fancy badge name that costs hundreds more for the same functionality.

The one thing the chart does not show is that Apple's share, according to recent statistics, is shrinking.
This is a snapshot statistic. The moving data is represented by other charts and graphs from other survey organizations. When more than two sources are consulted, the statistics will be wildly different somehow. I'm always staggered by the breadth of statistics regarding web browser usage.

Of course Apple doesn't report sales or shipments anymore because it was a downer for everyone involved.

They're pivoting to different markets with services and the new credit card. Then there is Apple Music and Apple TV+ launching in a month or two. The old Gillette razor model: doesn't matter if you make money on the handle, it's the unique and proprietary razor blades where they can make their money. In the case of Apple, it will be Pay and their steaming services.

I wonder what effect the current trade restrictions again Huawei will have on Android numbers in China? Huawei has announced their own in-house OS.

Do you think that Apple is using Apple Pay for something other than making users beholden to their iPhones?

Apple is getting into a rather mature market in its streaming business. They're betting heavily on something that is already dominated. They're also entering in when a juggernaut seems likely to steal the show (Disney).

If they require Apple hardware to any significant level, they're starting with one or more hands (and maybe a foot) tied behind their back.

Since Apple is one of, if not the most successful companies around, I think they will do just fine with whatever direction they decide to go with. If you look at the history of Apple, it isn’t the new tech/market, it is refining or improving an existing tech/market.

So who to believe is doing it right? Apple with a proven track record? Or an anonymous poster in a forum? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Since Apple is one of, if not the most successful companies around, I think they will do just fine with whatever direction they decide to go with. If you look at the history of Apple, it isn’t the new tech/market, it is refining or improving an existing tech/market.

So who to believe is doing it right? Apple with a proven track record? Or an anonymous poster in a forum? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It's their margins. They are flat in the high margin iPhone and looking for growth in the low margin, cutthroat media and resale business.

Sure, they will be big , but moving into the general motors type operation where every day is a slog.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

If they require Apple hardware to any significant level, they're starting with one or more hands (and maybe a foot) tied behind their back.
Apple has announced Apple TV+ will be available on non-Apple devices, even including Samsung Smart TVs and Roku & FireTV streaming boxes though the Apple TV App. I'm curious to see if this actually happens.

I'm curious to see if this actually happens.
I'm thinking it must happen for Apple to successfully enter the streaming market (especially on the Roku) but will it be the same experience and will it represent the ecosystem slipping away.

I'm not convinced that the Smart TV app (especially as delivered by Samsung) will ever have a particularly long life. Then again, I keep my TVs much more than two years so I'm probably in the deep rough there.

Apple may see their viewers as using devices other than TVs. I can't imagine how this meshes with Apple's Digital Health initiative to address phone addiction in children and teens.

So back to the infographic: what are the "Other" phone OS platforms? Did they break out the Android-lite (I forget what Alphabet called it) destined for the <$100 devices? Is Samsung still making Tizen phones for the cost-conscious users? Has the reborn Nokia brought back a non-Android phone? I would say Windows Phone, except the largest number of "Other" users is in India.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts