ANGEL PITCHER KILLED IN CRASH!!!

yes, very sad news about Nick. I also feel bad for the Bees player that gets the callup to fill Nick's roster spot - think how awful that has to be to think you are up in the majors because of the tragedy.

as for drunk driving, don't worry, it'll be around forever. Laws have no teeth and 80% of the people in the population are idiots. Unfortunately I think this guy is only going to get 6 years in prison and he'll be free to drink and kill someone else.

The only positive about this thing is the footage of Scott Boras crying like a baby... probably thinking of all the millions in agent commissions he lost by representing Adenhart.

An Angel Looking Down on Anaheim

A few short words as the nation grieves the loss of an Anaheim Angel....

Life is short. Enjoy every moment of it. Leave nothing on the table.

Nick Adenhart was being paid to do what he loved. In the big picture, he had great life, albeit not nearly enough of it.

As the season progresses keep Adenhart in your memories, but remember Anaheim, you now have your very own Angel looking after you!

RIP Nick. You will be missed.
salute.gif

yes, very sad news about Nick. I also feel bad for the Bees player that gets the callup to fill Nick's roster spot - think how awful that has to be to think you are up in the majors because of the tragedy.

as for drunk driving, don't worry, it'll be around forever. Laws have no teeth and 80% of the people in the population are idiots. Unfortunately I think this guy is only going to get 6 years in prison and he'll be free to drink and kill someone else.

The only positive about this thing is the footage of Scott Boras crying like a baby... probably thinking of all the millions in agent commissions he lost by representing Adenhart.

Just a little tacky?:(

While I share in your contempt for Boras (another time, another thread, IMO), I truly think that his breaking down like that was sincere.

I think the magnitude of what happened to a promising young man hit Boras like a ton of bricks. He wouldn't be human if he didn't feel that.

That is awful, its sad to see things like this happening.
Remember people, watch out for other drivers, and most important of all, don't drink and drive.

I know the drunk driver very likely didn't get drunk at the Angels game, but want to bet the Angels won't suspend selling alcohol at their games in 2009?

They contribute to a lot of drunk/buzzed drivers by selling beer at games to people who don't know when to say when and I think Nick's meaning to the organization will be wasted if they don't take a stand this year and suspend alcohol serving so there won't be any other Nick's out there.

I know the drunk driver very likely didn't get drunk at the Angels game, but want to bet the Angels won't suspend selling alcohol at their games in 2009?

They contribute to a lot of drunk/buzzed drivers by selling beer at games to people who don't know when to say when and I think Nick's meaning to the organization will be wasted if they don't take a stand this year and suspend alcohol serving so there won't be any other Nick's out there.

Yeah right, that'll happen when they quit selling the make of cars in the accident. :rolleyes:

Not to belabor this sad state of events, but Nick is being laid to rest in (or near) his hometown of Williamsport, MD this morning. Angels owner Arte Moreno chartered a private jet (his own was too small to accomodate all) and attending the private services are Arte, Mike, pitching coach Mike Butcher, GM Tony Reagins and pitchers Jered Weaver, Dustin Moseley and John Lackey. They intend to be back in Seattle for tonight's game.

Please take just a moment today to remember Nick and to ask for strength for all concerned in getting through this.

But most importantly, PLEASE do all you personally can in your daily lives to prevent drunk driving. These senseless murders must cease.

I thank you all for the time and space you have given me here since first learning of Nick's death a week ago almost to this hour.

Last edited:
Not to belabor this sad state of events, but Nick is being laid to rest in (or near) his hometown of Williamsport, MD this morning. Angels owner Arte Moreno chartered a private jet (his own was too small to accomodate all) and attending the private services are Arte, Mike, pitching coach Mike Butcher, GM Tony Reagins and pitchers Jered Weaver, Dustin Moseley and John Lackey. They intend to be back in Seattle for tonight's game.

Please take just a moment today to remember Nick and to ask for strength for all concernd in getting through this.

But most importantly, PLEASE do all you personally can in your daily lives to prevent drunk driving. These senseless murders must cease.

I thank you all for the time and space you have given me here since first learning of Nick's death a week ago almost to this hour.

Done.

Please take just a moment today to remember Nick and to ask for strength for all concernd in getting through this.

I will do just that. :)

KCK, you have one of the classiest organizations in ALL sports there! Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy were talking about that all last weekend, from Arte all the way down to the batboys! :up

I think Nick's family and the entire Angels family can take solace in that through this horrific tragedy.

FEEL GOOD STORY OF THE DAY!

Just found out that the lone survivor of this tragedy will be released from the hospital in time for Memorial Day. He has a very long road of rehab ahead of him but John says he can't wait to go home to his mother's home cooking.

I just wanted to share some good news with all of you guys.;)

Last edited:
Here's an update. The slimeball who killed Nick Adenhart and two friends, injuring a fourth, was indicted yesterday..three counts of 2nd degree murder, felony hit and run and DUI. He faces 54 years to life. He is being held on $2 million bail and is probably in protective custody at this point if I know the boys in OC Jail very well....

Here's an update. The slimeball who killed Nick Adenhart and two friends, injuring a fourth, was indicted yesterday..three counts of 2nd degree murder, felony hit and run and DUI. He faces 54 years to life. He is being held on $2 million bail and is probably in protective custody at this point if I know the boys in OC Jail very well....

Seeing as how this is at LEAST his 3rd run in with the law re: booze and drugs...what in hell ever happened to THREE STRIKES and your locked up for life????:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)