Angels Blackouts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Each MVPD has its strengths and weaknesses and will be a better fit for one person, but not the next, etc. We need to vote with our pocketbooks.
But that would make us face the folly of an apparently poor choice.

And if nothing else a lot of us will stay rather than have to explain to our spouses why we went with "that crappy company" to begin with. I'd rather eat glass than admit it was a mistake... She keeps score.

So as an Angel fan, does anybody have a list that can be published of games that are going to be blacked out. I checked my guide this morning and it showed today's game as available, but tonight it is blacked out. If I get a list of blackout games at least I can go to a restaurant or friends house to watch as I don't expect this issue to be resolved this season.

So as an Angel fan, does anybody have a list that can be published of games that are going to be blacked out. I checked my guide this morning and it showed today's game as available, but tonight it is blacked out. If I get a list of blackout games at least I can go to a restaurant or friends house to watch as I don't expect this issue to be resolved this season.

The trick is to watch when they are on. FSW is constantly running a crawl along the bottom of the screen alerting us as to the next few games that will be blacked out by Dish and U-Verse. Even the Angels front office doesn't know what games until a few days ahead.

You say if you want sports go with directv. People have been using that line on this site for years but I don't think it's true anymore. Most people that say that probably aren't sports fans and don't realize how much more dish offers than almost every other provider. The main reason people say that is because of the NY RSNs. If you don't live in NY and you get your RSN Dish is way better for sports than cable or any other provider besides directv. We get FS Detroit, Big Ten Network, all the ESPNs, NFL Network, Redzone, Strikezone, NBA TV, MLB Network, NHL Network, NBC sports, CBS sports, Universal sports, and Fuel (the new home of UFC live events). That's everything I can get with directv except for a couple out of market sports packages. All of these except for redzone and Strikezone are in my base package. Cable either doesn't offer or requires the sports pack for over half of those channels. Bottom line is, if you don't live in NY dish is great for sports.

My problem with all of your points is the contract. The people upset in this situation are people who signed contracts with their RSN fully included. Dish can and does drop any programming they want after your contract is signed and you can't do anything about it except give them more money as a cancelation fee. If they take any programming from us that we signed up for we should be able to switch providers with no charge. We are required to do our part and pay on time every month but they are allowed to change anything at any time.
Are you kidding? Dish better than DirecTV for sports? I get ALL NFL games, not just the RedZone Channel, and almost all MLB games, including the BLACKED OUT Angels games that started this thread. I know I pay more for these packages, but also, with Sports Pack, which I pay only $5 a month for currently, I get some 65 other sports stations, almost all in HD. And my local RSNs are in HD 24/7, not just when Dish feels like it. With all due respect, you truly have no idea when it comes to sports programming on these two providers. I know Dish supporters will find any reason to justify all of the problems associated with it, but gang, even with the modest discounts you may be receiving, you really are getting the shaft from Dish and everyone looking from the outside in sees it. I truly do feel sorry for most of you who honestly think that Dish has your best interests at heart. Some day, when YOUR favorite channel(s) goes (go) dark on Dish, I am sure you will see the light. Until then enjoy Dish and keep on sticking up for them as they continue to give you problems practically every day, and the rest of us will go on with little in the way of problems. I am sure this will strike a nerve to those of you dedicated Dish subs, and for that I apologize. I am just hoping some day the light switch will go on and subs like you, who pay good, hard earned money will refuse to take any more of the sub-prime decisions being made in YOUR BEST INTEREST. That day may never come, and for that, I hope the problems will slowly cease and Dish can truly be the great service it started out being.

If you read his post he isn't saying they are better than Direct TV, but better than most any cable. They are better than Charter for sure.
In reality they are missing 2 1/2 things. Two I don't want them to get. They don't have NFL Sunday Ticket or MLB EI. But Direct is paying dearly for those, thus the subscribers are paying more. There are alot of subscribers that take the trade off of NFLZ for $7 over having to get the whole package of games that they wouldn't get so wouldn't get NFLZ.

The 1/2? RSN's not full time HD. This year in most markets games are in HD. JIP has been curtailed considerably compared to past years. As good as Direct for that, no. A reasonable alternative even for sports fans when everything is considered, I say now, yes. But Direct TV is the sports leader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)