Anger management (with Charlie Sheen)

FX Picks Up New Charlie Sheen Show

FX Picks Up New Charlie Sheen Show
By BILL CARTER
Charlie Sheen will return to television next summer in an adaptation of the 2003 movie “Anger Management,” the FX cable channel announced Thursday.

The project has been the subject of extensive speculation in the television business since Mr. Sheen signed on to star in it, after being fired from the CBS hit comedy “Two and a Half Men.” Adding to the interest was that the studio developing the comedy show, Revolution, hired the veteran comedy producer Bruce Helford (“The Drew Carey Show”) to run it.

FX said Thursday that it had acquired the series and would commit to a 10-episode run starting in the summer of 2012. But the deal also calls for FX to order an additional 90 episodes should the initial 10 reach a predetermined ratings level. A commitment to such a large number of episodes is highly unusual for television.

Mr. Sheen will also have an ownership interest in the series, which will be produced by Lionsgate Television, the home of such series as “Mad Men.”

For the past several months, Mr. Sheen has been attempting to find a home for the new comedy, after he lost his previous job as the star of “Two and a Half Men.” He lost his role on that show after a long series of incidents involving drugs and women and ultimately a nasty public feud with that show’s creator, Chuck Lorre.

But Mr. Sheen received a flood of attention surrounding that firing, and his appearance in a celebrity roast on the Comedy Central channel last month was the highest rated in that network’s history. And FX has received strong ratings for repeats of “Two and a Half Men” starring Mr. Sheen since it began carrying them last year.

In “Anger Management” Mr. Sheen will take on the role played by Jack Nicholson in the movie, an anger management therapist with anger issues of his own.

I just wanted to point out this had nothing to do with Sheen...it has to do with the show's producers and production company. Plus, how someone can sue for 50M when the show has yet to make a dime is beyond me - just throw-out numbers and see which one sticks, I suppose.

Anyway, I saw Sheen in an Anger Management commercial the other day, which just happened to be broadcast during syndicated episodes on Fox and FX. While Anger Management won't have 11M viewers turning in each week as with 2.5 Men, I get the feeling they'll be in the 4-5M range...just as long as the show doesn't suck. We shall see.

Charlie Sheen Gives Us a Tour of the 'Anger Management' Set [Exclusive Video]

Charlie Sheen's new FX comedy "Anger Management" doesn't debut until June 28, but we've got an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the show's set for you right here, courtesy of the bad-boy actor himself. Check it out:

Former 'Grace Under Fire' Star, Her Addictions Behind Her and Now a Part of Charlie Sheen's Comeback Story, Continues Her Own TV Comeback

Butler wrapped production May 1 on Anger Management, a new comedy in the works at FX that stars Charlie Sheen. Butler plays Brett, a friend to Charlie (Sheen) who is a bartender at his favorite watering hole,
Brett Butler books next TV gig -- on CBS soap! -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside TV | EW.com

Charlie Sheen: I'm Retiring After 'Anger Management'
Charlie Sheen's next acting gig -- starring in FX's upcoming "Anger Management" -- will also be his last, Sheen told The New York Times.The 46-year-old says that when he wraps the new series, he wants to devote more time to his five children."When I'm done with this business it's just going to be about soccer games and amusement parks. And when this ends, I'm done. This is my swan song," he said."I've been doing this 30 years. And there's a lot more out there to do than make-believe, you know?" he added. "I mean, I'm grateful. I've got a dream life as a direct result of television, you know? But at some point you just get tired of wearing somebody else's clothes, saying somebody else's words and working in somebody else's space."Sheen, who was fired last year from "Two and a Half Men" after a series of very public outbursts, also says he's "aware of the fact that you don't get these kinds of shots in the same lifetime." "You're only supposed to have one hit show, unless you're Kelsey Grammer," he said.That doesn't mean you won't see plenty of Sheen: His "Anger Management" deal with FX calls for the show to be renenewed for another 90 episodes if the first ten are successful.And he could always change his plans about retiring. Sheen has been known, after all, to say some crazy things.Charlie Sheen plays therapist in "On the Couch With Dr. Sheen": Anger Management Television show - Anger Management TV Show - Yahoo! TV <<< Charlie counsels a woman who got so mad at her husband, she nailed all of their windows and doors shut.
"Anger Management" premieres Thursday, 6/28 at 9 PM on FX.

Wow I would have never guessed he was only 46... I guess the cocaine and hookers ages one hard... I thought he was mid to late 50s...

I thought the same thing on his age wow damn those drugs and hookers make you look older :D lol :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts