Anik F1 @107

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
Does anyone point at this satellite. Appears to be some free channels on it (Access and Knowledge), as well as some feeds according to Lyngsat.

Those channels (KNowledge, Access, etc) are Digicipher II (DCII) and really the only way to get those is with a previously activated starchoice box. a 4DTV can get them but screws up the channel maps

the feeds are mainly CBC news feeds and are 4:2:2 so most boxes can't get those

Those channels (KNowledge, Access, etc) are Digicipher II (DCII) and really the only way to get those is with a previously activated starchoice box. a 4DTV can get them but screws up the channel maps

Thanks Iceberg. Got an old starchoice box kicking around somewhere, so may hook it up.

genpix or dvbtech devices will also work for not encrypted content (keep in mind that just because lyngsat lists it as F doesnt mean its not encrypted)

Not all the feeds are 4:2:2 (but the vast majority are). Ran a line from my Star Choice Quad LNB into the Pansat about a week ago and have seen three or four 4:2:0 feeds (police investigation of a multi-car accident was the only one of any interest).

Most DCII channels listed as "Free" are actually fixed-key DCII encrypted, meaning that certain professional receivers and previously activated boxes will receive them. Very little DCII is zero-key...

a 4DTV can get them but screws up the channel maps
A few years back (maybe 5-6), I was pointing at F1 regularly with my 922. What happened, was it grew the TDT Count in the 922 and screwed up the receiver so it wouldn't work right, some channels would be dark and the next time different channels would be dark while the previous channels would return. I had no idea what was wrong or why it was happening, I only new it was to agravating to use. I gave up and switched my programming to a different receiver (920). After joining this Forum and reading a lot, I found out about the TDT count issue and did a master reset. Now the 922 is working like it's supposed to. So, I would advise you to stay away from channels on F1 that light up the DC light!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)