Anik F1R @ 107.3w signal question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I haven't aimed at this sat since last winter. I'm having trouble locking the CTV TP 4020 V 30000. The signal was much stronger last year. I've squeezed every bit out of the alignment as possible using my Dr.HD 1000S+. Anyone else notice this?

BTW I'm using an undersized 6' dish with a titanium PLL LNB. Worked great last year.

Disregard, just for grins I swapped my GEOSATpro MicroHD with another receiver I had on my bedroom set. Now I have a solid 73 quality reading like I did last year.:)

It's a little odd that the receiver has a degraded signal on C-Band but Ku works great.

Reactions: raydio
There are still some news trucks using the satellite uplink in Manitoba and likely other areas. Look for their feeds around 4pm, but the video is 4:2:2. I haven't seen them for a while now, not often around to scan in the daytime.

There are still some news trucks using the satellite uplink in Manitoba and likely other areas. Look for their feeds around 4pm, but the video is 4:2:2. I haven't seen them for a while now, not often around to scan in the daytime.

CBC/Radio-Canada moved their Ku news feeds over to Eutelsat 115 West B at 114.9 °W early last year. They have 5 slots for feeds on the same transponder that holds Ici Radio-Canada Télé Montreal and Ici RDI (the signal is listed on Lyngsat, but the channel listing is incorrect). Virtually all of their news feeds these days use 4:2:0 video instead of 4:2:2.

Last night CTV up-linked their election coverage on 91W. The ID on the up-link was Sprinter van Winnipeg or something like that.

CBC/Radio-Canada moved their Ku news feeds over to Eutelsat 115 West B at 114.9 °W early last year. They have 5 slots for feeds on the same transponder that holds Ici Radio-Canada Télé Montreal and Ici RDI (the signal is listed on Lyngsat, but the channel listing is incorrect). Virtually all of their news feeds these days use 4:2:0 video instead of 4:2:2.
Eutelsat 115 is worth configuring to receive, especially with Canadian election campaigns just starting.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: kofi123 and stecle
I will continue to watch the local news channels. We have 39 more days of back stabbing, name calling and mud slinging, and thats just the wives of the cadidates!

Reactions: raydio
I didn't mean that I was trying to receive Ku signals on 107. It's just that the microHD still works on Ku but not on C-Band. Anyway, I just ordered an Amiko Mini HD265 from Michael Electronics (KE4EST). My needs are fairly simple so I'm certain that the receiver will meet my needs.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hmmm, receiver works but C-band was acting up now doesn’t work. Could it be the C-band lnb/lnbf is failing or has failed? Maybe even the coax or a switch.

Nope if you read the second post I replaced my main receiver with one I had on my bedroom set and all is well. I put the original back in and the signal wont lock on C-Band. What I didnt mention in the post is that I tried a new DiSEqC switch, a 22k switch and even bypassed the switch completely. I also tried to slew the freq and sr to see if something drifted. The receiver is bad. It lasted 7 years so I think I got my money's worth. My backup has been working flawlessly for the last week and I have a new Amiko Mini HD265 on order.

Got it!

That brings to mind that over a year ago I had problems with CTV with my AZbox. The picture would break up but I was able to get a solid picture using my MicroHD. Both are fed off the same lnb using a splitter. I guess some receivers are more sensitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)