Anik F1R at 107.3W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoneShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Northern VA
So I was on LyngSat's website and came across Anik F1R at 107.3W and see that there are a few channels on there that are apparently digital/clear for KU.

For example:
AMC East
Access
Knowledge Network

Am I reading this correctly or are they not available for FTA. I have not done a blind scan on this sat to know if those channels come through or not.

And here I was getting worked up on the fact the AMC East might actually be free :( Oh well, at least I have Scarface on DVD :D

Unfortunately, Lyngsat goofs up some of those “free” channels on AnikF1

With StarChoice (the Canadian provider that uses Anik F1), there are 2 sets of “free” channels. AMC East is a new channel on StarChoice but you have to have a subscription to them to get that channel in a “freeview” platform

Knowledge, Access, CKUA, Voice Print, Shopping…those are free and any previously activated SC box can get those as long as it wasn’t disconnected with Digital Basic package on it. Digital Basic had some channels blocked out so on my SC box (which is for sale right now in the classifieds…cheap plug) :D I don’t get Knowledge & Access but I do get the others. I do not get AMC East on my unactivated box

Iceberg said:
I do not get AMC East on my unactivated box

You sure are not missing much, I actually have amc blocked on my D* and SC it sure is a shame what this channel has become such a junk channel and a waste of bandwith on SC I would rather see them add more English international stuff (and yea I know AMC is international to Canada). I won't watch a movie on commercial tv anyway (apparently I am the exception), I just hate that they cut so much out and the commercial interruptions every 7 to 10 min makes me crazy.

Sorry off topic rant....so as Kryton would say "rant mode off"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)