Anik F2 - aiming question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
will an mpeg 2 (fta) reciver see anik F2 ku? I dont care if the channels are scrambled or not. I am trying to set up for a 2 dish Starchoice system and while I was setting up one of the dishes I noticed that it may not work there and would like to check becouse I would like to have a location set up when the equiptment arrives.

any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Yes it does, I can see 11830 V 7300 and 11844 V 8750 on 111.0°W Anik F2 Ku, both have scrambled channels.
I live in Southern California, so if the beam reaches me it should reach you too.

EDIT - I can also see 11794 H 3230 (Data Transponder)

I just cant seem to find them...are they weak? I am using a fortec classic NA and a 36" fortec dish with a universal lnbf set to 10600. Am I missing something? any suggestions? I know I have to have standard lnbfs for starchoice and I have those comming but I think I should be able to find 107 & 111 with this set up. I can find 105 & 121 but nothing in between.

stephen
Put a DBS LNB on the dish and aim at 110. Once you get that locked in, then switch to the KU LNB

Oh by the way you would need a standard LNB on that for your SC system :)

yea I have a couple on order. I think trees might be a problem so I am going to put a dish in a bucket of dirt and move it around untill I find the right spot then I will cement 2 post's in and yee haw. I tried to find it on a couple of dishes I was using for my FTA...once I get done with this I get to re aim them all...including G10ku...YAY!!!

Another question

when I do find these birds what am I lloking for? will anything scan in? if so what?

thanks for the info...I found 111 but not 107 but I am not concerned I set the post's in concrete and will find 107 what the sc equiptment arrives. Also a few words on compass's the one I was using (which I got from Sadoun btw) was 6 degrees off so I kept finding amc1 when I knew I was in the area for 107. I have a very good one but I couldent find it so I had to rely on the back up one...once I figured out the flaw I dialed it in allot easier.

I thought I was going crazy there for awhile

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)