Anik satelites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

inomad

Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
Utah
I am new to the 4DTV world, but I have been reading about it and I have some questions. I seem to have read somewhere that if you park the dish on a canadian satelite, it will download info to the DSR 922 and screw it up. I mainly use the 922 to position the dish so that I can use an FTA receiver. There are a couple of FTA signals that I can get off of one of the Aniks. If I park it there will it download canadian updates? For that matter does the unit download updates whenever it is on, or only when it does it's scheduled 2AM update?

Thanks,
Inomad

Anik F1R Ku will mess with the TDT count and overflow it if the unit is not bricked a MR will be needed. If It's a X4 brick it will handle F1R Ku and X4. You can sit on C band all day with no issues.

What do you mean by bricked? There is an X4 tile, it was there when I first fired it up. On another subject, when I fired it up, I was receiving showtime, showcase, flix and others. after I shut it off and turned it on again, those channels said not authorized. When I look at what the providers offer, I don't see those channels offered. Why did they come in before, and why don't I see them offered?

Thanks,
Inomad

Bricked means that you did a master reset and all you have is the stock 21 tiles and X4. The reason you had Showtime was it was in Fixed Key last weekend because Viacom's uplink was getting hit by the hurricane. We all got it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)