Animania HD gets "New Captain Scarlet" Series

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Friday, 10 February 2006 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>

In the UK, ITV4 will be broadcasting New Captain Scarlet. The entire series will be shown. Look for it starting in March 2006. There has been sporadic reports of New Captain Scarlet being bought by overseas markets and several countries should get it later this year. The US should be getting the show, but in a specialty channel that very few people have: Animania HD. This is presumably due to the High-Def nature of the show. Unfortunately, the channel is only available to subscribers of the VOOM network shows and I do not think they have a noticeable chunk of subscribers at this time. Possibly 1-2 million. That puts it in a significant minority. There were earlier reports that it might be on Nickelodeon, but that turned out to be incorrect. Nickelodeon is carried by all cable and satellite networks and would have been a superb outlet. Animania HD on the other hand pretty much guarantees obscurity for the show here. No chance of any merch.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.fanderson.org.uk/epguides/ncseg1.html

...and the USA where it will be broadcast in High Definition for the first time on Voom HD Networks' Animania HD channel.

Damn good catch for VOOM, I must say! Nick would have been a poor choice since they cannot capture the HD experience of the Captain (looks excellent). I say now is a good time for VOOM to start selling individual channels or mini-bundles to the cable community.

I just found Captain Scarlet recently.

Really good computer animation overall though sometimes it feels like watching a really good video game. The plots seem to be a little better than "Thunderbirds" and of course the picture is a lot better.

The listings on Animania for this have been wrong for as long as I can remember. Right time, wrong episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)